Where to go for one week in Italy?

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Sally

Where to go for one week in Italy?

My husband and I are planning our honeymoon in October and would like to spend approx. a week in Italy. Can you give me some ideas as to which cities should not be missed by us? This will be our first trip to Italy. Thanks.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 11:45 AM
tracy

My experience would be Rome and Florence. Easy to fly into Rome and later travel to Florence. Very romantic, easy to get around cities. Dont crowd your days and a week will be perfect. Have a great trip.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 11:49 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

For a honeymoon, I would fly into Milan and out of Venice--or vice versa--and stay at Lake Como for 3 nites and the rest in Venice--stopping at Verona for 2 hours enroute. The crowds and bustle of the big cites is not romantic to me.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Amy

I vote Rome and Venice. You can see that you're going to get lots of opinions here!

In addition, the Amalfi Coast of Italy is the most beautiful place I have EVER been. But that's more for relaxing than sightseeing. If you do go there- stay at the Santa Caterina. Good luck!

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 12:51 PM
lisa

I vote for Rome and Venice as well. With only a week, I would not try more than 2 cities.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 01:11 PM
mike

I don't know how you could miss Venice if you've never been--especially on a honeymoon. We stayed at the Hotel American with a canal view and a balcony. Ignore the name...at $250 a night it's pure paradise.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 01:24 PM
mandy

how far is Lake Como from Vencice? If we are flying out of Venice, how do we get to Lake como first before we go home?