Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where should 2 sisters eat next week in Paris?

Mar 3rd, 2007, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

My sister & I are headed to Paris next week. We'll be in Paris for 4 nights, then train to London for 2 nights. I've perused the many informative threads regarding restaurants in Paris but can't make heads or tails out of location. We are staying at The Westin Paris located at 3 Rue De Castiglion. It appears to be by the Tuileries gardens.

I hope we've chosen a location convenient for museums, restaurants, sightseeing. We're using Starwood points for our stay. That said, we want to make the most out of our 4 nights dining in Paris. We aren't necessarily interested in multi-course meals as we have small appetites, but want restaurants with charming ambience & delicious food. We would welcome and appreciate suggestions...
Mar 3rd, 2007, 07:40 AM

Our method in Paris was just to keep eyes open as we walked around during the day. If/when you see an interesting restaurant, check the menu and write down the street address so you can find you way back in the evening. Even make a reservation if they're open.
Mar 3rd, 2007, 07:55 AM
ira

Hi Mom,

Enter your addresses at www.pagesjaunes.fr, at www.mappy.com and at www.ratp.fr.

Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:39 AM

I wonder if that hotel was once the Intercontinental. If so, you are in for a treat! Even if it is not, it is a great location. If you post your price range for dining we can offer a few ideas....
Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:47 AM

Don;t turn down the idea of multi-course meals. If you haven;t been to europe before - portions are much smaller than the gignatic ones you get in the US - meals tend to consist of more course because each is substantially less food. If you're interested in good food/trying new things consider sharing an appetizer or dessert if you're still afraid of too much food.
Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:59 AM

I was in Paris three weeks ago, and I ate at a charming place in the Place du Tertre, just down for the Sacre Coeur. It was called La Mere Catherine. They offer a la carte meals or a three or four course meal option. I went for dinner there, so I am sure the prices were a little more (I am not sure if they offer a three course lunch, for example), but it was worth it. It was a Sunday night and they had a piano player with a sultry singer. It had a great atmosphere and wonderful deesert. I recommend the Profiteroles!