Reload this Page >

Where, among these, to stay in London?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:04 AM
EPB

We've limited our London hotel search and would greatly appreciate any comments on the following hotels:<BR>Gallery Hotel, Gainsborough Hotel, 5 Sumner Place, Calverly Hotel,L'Hotel, Number 16<BR>If you have another suggestion, please advise.<BR>Thanks<BR>EPB

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:12 AM
bettyk

Don't know when you are going to London, but in May 2002 we stayed at the 4* Rubens Hotel across from Buckingham Palace and a few blocks from Victoria Station. On www.londontown.com for mid-May, they show a rate that's just a few pounds more than some of the hotels you mentioned (123 GPB vs 120). We really enjoyed the location and staff of this hotel. If interested, you may want to check out their website for their specials as you might be able to get a better deal than 123 GPB. The website is www.rubenshotel.com.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Steve

I would recommend 5 Sumner Place. We have not stayed there but visited it and looked at the rooms when we were staying at Number 16. We were surprised to see that it was every bit as nice as Number 16 and quite a bit less expensive. We vowed to stay there on our next trip to London. The location is terrific - one block from S. Ken tube station with three lines running through it. Neighborhood is very nice as well.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:43 PM
elaine

Do you by any chance mean the Claverley?<BR>That one I know about.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:54 PM
mom

My daughter stayed at the Gallery this past Oct. They had a triple room, liked it very much. Although she said that some of the other rooms that she got a peek into, were very nice. The hotel provides a butler for each floor, they really enjoyed theirs, he was happy to run errands and did quite a lot to make them happy.(Tip BIG if you use a butler)<BR>The neighborhood is great.and I believe the price is good too.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 08:40 PM
EPB

Dear Elaine: You are correct. I did not spell the hotel's name correctly. It is the Claverly. What are your thoughts about it? Thank you for catching my error. Thanks to all who have responded. I appreciate you.<BR>epb