Help Pick London Hotel

Search

Help Pick London Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Pick London Hotel

I am trying to pick out my hotel when in London next month and any feedback on the following hotels would be greatly appreciated. Additionally any information regarding staying in these areas would be greatly appreciated (females touring London, therefore would like safe neighborhood). Thanks in advance!
1. Victoria Park Plaza (Near Victoria Station)
2. Abcone Hotel (South Kensington)
3. Regency Hotel (South Kensington)
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 09:38 PM

I haven't stayed at any of the hotels that you have listed, but my husband and I did stay at 5 Sumner Place in S. Kensington a few years ago, and we loved the area. It was quiet and charming, seemed very safe, and we had a short walk to the S. Kensington tube station, which was very convenient.

If we returned to London, we would look into staying there again.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 06:28 AM

Hello,
I have to say taht I satyed at the abcone hotel in londaon last january. I stayed in a triple, very clean rooms, good breakfast, and 3 blocks away from the gloucster rd tube stop. Bathroom was large and clean along with a mini-fridge and a hart 24 hr grocery down the street. Am going back in august and plan to return. Staff was nice a knowlegable, since It was my first time in london. I would highly reccomend for the price.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 08:00 AM

Hi, as a Londoner, I would recommend that if you can afford to stay in South Kensington, you do. Victoria is more recently becoming 'cool' and you may find, especially near the station, that at evenings / nighttimes the area is not as salubrious as the daytime business community would have you believe!
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 10:15 AM

I stayed in the Regency a few years ago. This last trip I stayed across the street at the Jury's. I actually liked the Regency better, although our rooms were pretty comparable in both hotels and the restaurant was lighter and better located in the Jury's. It's a pretty typical London hotel. One thing I liked about the Regency is that the back of the hotel faces a mews so it was interesting for me to look out the window and watch the comings and goings of the people who lived in the mews houses! The rooms (we stayed twice) were fairly roomy, bathrooms nothing special,a/c worked OK as long as the window was closed tight.... I've certainly stayed in lots worse and I would stay there again.

The area is really safe and you are a couple of block from the S. Ken. underground station (very convneient - 3 lines connect there). Lots of nice restaurants and shops (bookstores, chemist, plus some boutiques) close by. Easy to walk to the V&A etc, and to Harrod's and the nice shops around the Brompton Cross area. Or even futher south to the King's Road. And nice to stroll around in the evening. Have stayed in that area with husband, with sister, and on my own so I feel very comfortable there.