St. Giles Hotel in London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to London using BA promo fare which includes two free nights at selected hotels. Has anyone stayed at the St. Giles Hotel near the British Museum? This 3 star is the only hotel they offer that is close to the West End. The others are located further out.

Please advise ASAP as I must book in the next few days.

Thanks.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 02:10 PM

I haven't stayed there but it is a convenient location close to the Russell Sq tube station.

But what are some of the other hotels? Some people mistakenly think places Like South Kensington, Kensington, Bayswater, etc. are far from the west end, whereas they can be just as convenient as Russell Square
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 02:29 PM

I stayed at St. Giles 3 years ago. It is 1 minute from Tottenham Court Station and very close to theatre area. Easy walking to a lot of things actually. I found it very central for shopping and it seemed in the heart of everything. I wouldn't have said it was 3 star, more like 4. The rooms were very modern and clean but small as they are in London. I would recommend it highly but that was 3 years ago. Can't imagine it would have changed that much.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 02:58 PM

While we never stayed there we frequently saw it when we exited the tube at Tottenham Court Sta. (we rented an apt. not too far away). It's a very convenient area with the tube right there, shops, Sainsbury's (grocery store), etc. It's pretty easy to get anyplace from Tottenham Court Station via tube and you can walk to much of the theater district and the British Museum. Easy to hop a bus from this location as well.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 03:03 PM

I stayed here 4 years ago and it was very nice, very small room, but just fine. I also stayed here last year and I felt that it had gone downhill, the room was a bit worn and we had lots of street noise. It is certainly a good safe location,would I stay here again for free, probably, but not for LB'S.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the imput, keep it coming. BA give 2 nights free as part of the promo fare. We will be in London 6 or 7 nights. We love the Covent Garden area and this hotel meets that criteria. An option is use the 2 free nights and move to something we like better like the Waldorf or even 1 Alwyche, however the rates are quite a bit higher and then the time spent moving. Again, keep the ideas coming.