Search

London hotel options

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London hotel options

Hi,
My and my husband are planning to visit London in early May. We would prefer to stay in Kensington or Bloomsbury or Soho. I selectd the following hotels - cannot decide on one. So would really really appreciate your opinion. Here is the list (not in any particular order):

1. Jurys Kensington
2. Millennium Bailey's Hotel Kensington
3. The Rembrandt, Kensington
4. Novotel London Euston. Bloomsbury
5. Myhotel bloomsbury

Are there any other hotels you would suggest in that price range? Our budget is upto $250.
Would like to avoid rooms with extremely small bathrooms if possible.
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 03:52 AM

For $250 you should get a lot. That is very expensive (do u mean $250/night?). Out of that list I would say Myhotel is the trendiest. Novotel isn't a great location. To be honest I would use Priceline and specify your location. Look at www.biddingfortravel.com first to get a good idea of prices. For a decent 4* hotel in London I wouldn't pay more than £100/night!
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 03:59 AM

I would look into the Millenium Knightsbridge. They have specials on their site easily in that range - and have a great location near the top of Sloane St - right near Harrods and only a block from the tube
Have stayed there a couple of times and have yet to find a better location in London that I could afford..
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 04:45 AM

What street is the Novotel on?
I recently stayed in outer Bloomsbury within a 10 minute walk of Euston station, and found the area south of the station to be absolutely pleasant and fine. The station main entrance area, and the commercial area surrounding it, are less attractive.
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 04:49 AM

We stayed at the Rembrandt in what was called an executive twin; the bathroom was huge! I would recommend the hotel; super location! Not far from Harrods, right across the street from V and A, short walk to S.Ken tube.