Reload this Page >

What to do in France?

Search

What to do in France?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Nancy

What to do in France?

Most people I know don't like France. But based on this forum I would say France should be a good place to visit.<BR><BR>What are the good things of France

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Tom

Some of the best things are books. You oughta get one.<BR>

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 08:12 AM
xxx

I'm sure the first post is a joke! C'mon.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Worried

Nancy, are you serious? If so, now I am even more worried.<BR>Not to like France is not to like life!

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 10:35 AM
me

All the american tourists!

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Me

Stay out of Paris if you dont like rude people and dog do-do and you will have fun in France.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 11:43 AM
carol

I have not seen all of France, but I really liked the Burgundy region. You can go to the tiny towns around Beaune and taste wine all day. Or pack a picnic.<BR><BR>You have to see Paris. Yes, there is a lot of doggy-do but they wash down the streets every night. I personally am really into architecture and Paris has some real gems. Also totally cool is the tour of the sewers, especially if you have any background in environmental science or civil engineering.<BR><BR>I am not into art galleries and loved the Louvre. I understand that if you like shopping, Paris is great.<BR><BR>I only ran across one rude person in France over the course of two trips. He was a waiter, and it was fun to make jokes about him when he was not there!

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 11:51 AM
oui

hump and drink wine.<BR>Life is good

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 01:06 PM

TP

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Sue

Nancy, the Loire Valley is beautiful. There are some beautiful castles in that region (Chenonceau; Chambord). And if you have time, Normandy is fabulous. I'm not a city person, so I didn't care for Paris, but the French countryside is gorgeous.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 02:07 PM
John B.

Nancy: <BR>For magic go to Provence. For info about Provence check out:<BR>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/provence