What is your favorite travel jacket?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, one of those lightweight ones that fold up to make a travel pillow or something! It's windproof, waterproof and looks good after being wadded up in your back pocket all day. Is there such a thing out there?
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 05:42 PM

Lands End goretex jacket. Several styles. Beautiful colors. You can stuff in into the inside zipper pocket. But, it's not a very big "pillow". www.landsend.com - do a search for goretex
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 05:34 AM

I bought a rain jacket from Travelsmith made by Helly Hansen. It supposedly folds into its own pocket. Technologically deficient as I am, I tried and tried, and even called up Travelsmith's customer assistance, but still can't fit the darn thing in its pocket. If anyone has the secret to this, I'll be your best friend : )
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 06:39 AM

Nutella - I don't have the answer, but if I did, you can bet that the minute you got the darn thing into its pocket, the skies would open.

Try various sized ziplock bags, often one only slightly larger than the pocket will compress the jacket nicely, without driving you nuts.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 09:08 AM
Intrepid

To answer your original question, "Is there such a thing out there?" I suspect if you cannot find it either on the Travelsmith or Magellans website then it may very well not exist.

Old Jul 11th, 2003, 09:23 AM

Sue, great idea about the ziplock bags, thanks!
And Hagan, the jacket I bought does seem to fit the bill (it looks great and I'm happy with it, except for the part about the pocket, LOL), you should check it out.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

Nutella,
I think I saw the same jacket on Overstock.com on sale for only $22.99, retails for about $84. It's the same brand you mentioned. And you're happy with it? We're looking for something lightweight for trip to Paris, Switzerland and lake Como the first 2 weeks in September. We live in central Florida, and very rarely need a jacket, but I think we could even use this one at home.