Reload this Page >

What is Europe like in August?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Sally

My husband and I were able to use our ff miles and were able to actually get seats to Rome on August 6th. We will spend approx. 10 days in Italy before leaving for Spain and then France (returning home on Aug. 24th). What will the weather be like in August? Will all the popular sites be "packed" with tourists?

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 02:11 PM

Answer: It'll be very hot<BR> It will be packed with tourists<BR>

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 02:19 PM
lisa

Hi, Europe?, consists of many countries, and they are all very different weather wise and culturally, however, where you are going in Rome should be very hot in August as will most of Italy, especially the South, Spain should be very hot also, again especially the South, France is a little more like England weather wise being closer to us, but the South of France should also be very hot (by very hot I mean around 80 degrees C) and yes August is prime time tourist wise and the popular sites are likely to be very busy, hope you enjoy it!

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Doris

Europe is extremely.... hot in August,definitely filled with tourists. The natives usually go away for vacation to other countries, specially in Spain. But with that in mind, be prepared & enjoy your trip. Please be careful with your belongings everywhere.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 11:07 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>There are 350,000,000 + people in Europe (250m in USA).<BR><BR>In August most take holidays.<BR>Most drive South, many towards the Med sea.<BR><BR>The exception is ............. many of the residents near the Med coast go to the mountains to escape the heat and tourists.<BR><BR>So, yes it will be hot ........... up to 43C (110f) here, and you may meet other holidaymakers.<BR><BR>Peter<BR>http://tlp.netfirms.com<BR>