Reload this Page >

Westin Excelsior Rome

Search

Westin Excelsior Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2003, 08:23 AM
donnabee

Westin Excelsior Rome

We are thinking of changing our Sheraton Roma reservations to the Westin Excelsior Hotel. After doing a search here - I found out that it's across the street from the American Embassy. What do you think the chances are with the American Embassy being blown up while we are there? Parinoid?? Nawwww

Old Jun 12th, 2003, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We stayed at the excelsior last summer and it was wonderful. the embassy is down the street a little bit and pretty subtle. we actually talked the guard into letting us into see the ambassador! the sheraton roma is a ways out and the public transport in Rome is not super. excelsior is walking distance to everything, very upscale and the staff was great to our children. initially, we booked at the other sheraton in rome and moved - glad we did. don't want to waste a lot of time on buses.
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 08:53 AM
donnabee

Thanks! That makes me feel a little better.

Old Jun 12th, 2003, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few weeks ago we stayed at the Baglioni which is a stone's throw from your hotel and across the streeet from the Embassy. I was a little afraid too when we arrived but there were many dark uniformed men (which I assume to be CIA agents of some sort) outside the hotel and an armed Malitia. One thing for certain is that they are very protective of the area. Of course, the choice is up to you but personally I would request a room not directly facing the Embassy just in case. But like I said security was very high for what it's worth.
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 10:20 AM
donnabee

Thanks Miranda. Guess I will go and brave it. Every time we go on vacation, something always happens. Either to someone in our immediate family or to one of us. We usually spend the 1st day of our vacation at the emergency room. If anything happens this year, I will not be going on vacation anymore : )