Eurail Train Reservations-Help Please

Old Jun 12th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eurail Train Reservations-Help Please

I'm leaving the country on the 14th and need some help with eurail train reservations, I've bought a selectpass. How do I make reservations? I will be traveling by train from Paris-Zurich, Zurich-Frankfurt, and Frankfurt-Brussels. How can I make the reservations, should I just do it when I'm in the country (if so how) or where can I go to make them before I leave? Please help, I don't want to get stuck not being able to get on a train!
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 09:01 AM

Reservations are mandatory ONLY on some trains: Thalys, TGV, etc. Other, regular trains have reservations as a possibility, but aren't mandatory.

The booklet you got with your railpass should have this info.
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 09:06 AM

Checked my booklet, and it looks like you will need to use the TGV on the first leg, but at this point, you'll have to make the reservation when you get to Paris, if you're leaving in 2 days.
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 09:09 AM

If you don't know how at all, you can always go to the train station and make them there. IN Paris, there are also smaller branches called SNCF Boutiques outside the main train stations, if you see one. I posted a list of addresses of those on here not long ago.
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

So can I make a resrvation over the phone from my hotel room in Paris then? Or should I go to the train station and make it first thing once I arrive? Is there no way I can make one before I leave on my trip? Does anybody know approximately how much these reservations cost? A lot of questions I know, I'm just a little overwhelmed, thanks for the help so far, keep it coming.
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 09:24 AM

Ask the person at the desk in your hotel in Paris where the nearest SNCF Boutique is. Go there and make your reservations. Shouldn't cost more than 2-3 euro. It helps if you know what train you want to take and be sure to specify non-smoking car.

You will probably have to make the Zurich and Frankfurt reservations in those cities, but you can always try at the SNCF place.
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 10:22 AM
ira

Hi BLB,

It is cheaper to make your reservations once you get to Paris.

If you are really concerned, you can get reservations through euraide.de/ telephone in USA 1 941-480-1555. They will make your reservations for the same cost as in Europe, but there is a $35.00 fee per order.