Weekend in Paris-fast, practical questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much (approximately) would a taxi be from cdg to the hotel in the westin tulleries garden? or what is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? what is the best way to get to sacre couer for some photo ops of the view?
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 08:18 AM

The taxi may be about 50€.

A shuttle bus is less, around 20€

http://www.bee-shuttle.com/

Take the metro to the Sacre Courer.
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 08:42 AM

It spells Sacré Coeur, it is not a Métro stop.

From the Westin, walk to Place de la Concorde (or - if it's raining, you could go down to Métro stop Tuileries, it's in the wrong direction, from there it's one stop to Concorde on line 1 direction Défense).
At Concorde take Métro 12 direction Chapelle to stop Abbesses, walk up the hill to Sacré Coeur.

Or, from Métro stop Tuileries, take line 1 direction Défense to de Gaulle/Etoile, switch to line 2 direction Nation, get off at Anvers and walk up to Sacré Coeur.

Explore www.ratp.fr - it's a great website!
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

how about the rer train?
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 09:04 AM

RER to where? Not to Sacré Coeur. But there is the RER from the airport, to Châtelet-Les Halles, from there he would take Métro line one direction Défense to Tuileries stop.
But with bags that's rough - if he has the extra money, a shuttle (or even a taxi) will be more comfortable.

I just took a taxi a few weeks ago from the Sorbonne area in the 5th to CDG and the fare was 56 euros. There was almost NO traffic because it was Saturday morning.

I took the RER from CDG into Paris. The fare is almost 9 euros. You can get your tickets at the green machines near the entrance to the RER at CDG, or stand in line to buy a ticket from a real person.

The RER gets PACKED from CDG to Paris because it stops at stations in the suburbs of Paris and picks up LOTS of people. If you take the RER make sure you are near the door for your stop.

For some odd reason, my RER stopped at Gare de Nord and did not continue on to other stations (I was supposed to get off at St. Michel/Notre Dame). I was so tired that I refused to wander around Gare de Nord, which is huge, and went outside and got a taxi to my hotel.

Therefore, I am certainly NOT impressed with the RER, but it is good if you have no luggage and are frugal.

Thin

For a taxi, roughly 50 euro. 'Best' is a tough word. Fastest, cheapest, least # of transfers, scenic..

Cheapest and fastest would be RER. But would require transfer on to Metro.

Taxi or shuttle would be most expensive and possibly slowest, but would get you to the door.

Air France or Roissybus would be cheaper than taxi/shuttle, but would require Metro transfer. The Roissybus is fairly close (Opera) to your hotel, a cuple of Metro stops away.

Sacre Coeur..metro to Abbesses (or Anvers, then walk over to funicular and go up the hill.
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

michel, can you tell me more about the airfrance or roissybus? i will be traveling on air france, and i think they pick you up for a small fee with your ticket?
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 11:40 AM
ira

Hi ot,

For Sacre Coeur, I suggest the metro to Pigalle and the Montmartrobus up the hill.

http://www.ratp.info/touristes/index...=montmartrobus

Old Jan 5th, 2009, 12:23 PM

Air France coaches are for anyone to use, not just AF passengers. There are two lines covering CDG-Paris (Line 2 goes to Porte Maillot and CdG-Etoile; Line 4 goes to Gare de Lyon and Gare Montparnasse). Costs roughly 15-16€ and you can buy tickets from the driver. Follow signs from the terminal.

Roissybus travels between CDG and rue Scribe (Opera) in Paris, no other stops. Costs around 9€ each way.

Both choices are near metro stations - you need to study a metro/RER map and trace your route, buy your ticket or pass, and get on board. Alternatively, you could just take a taxi from the above drop-off point to the hotel.
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 12:45 PM

What Travelnut said

I used AF bus last time I was there, to go from Montparnasse station to CDG. Nice and comfortable way to get there.

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...lic-transport/

Old Jan 5th, 2009, 12:47 PM

This is a private car service. They will be outside security exit door with sign with your name on it. They will take your luggage to a nearby vehicle and you will be off.

It could well be cheaper than a taxi as the fee is known..no meter running.

I have been using them for some time now..always prompt. Many other have used them because of my recommendation.

http://www.shuttle-inter.com/homepage.htm

Enjoy....

Joan
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 01:01 PM

Pigalle is unpleasant. Better to walk from Abbesses or Anvers unless your legs can't handle (handle? leg?) the hill? Then you need the bus.
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 01:12 PM

I've done all the options, and I have to say, I agree with gracejoan, Inter shuttle was the best experience so far. It all depends on what it is worth to you, I prefer comfort , at just a bit more expensive than being stressed or lugging luggage.
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

thanks, i've booked with shuttle-inter. i figured i could use a car for the pick up, and i could use the metro/rer on the way back to the airport, and that would be the easiest way, and keep costs down that way.
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 11:42 AM

I used that shuttle service and was pleased. We had 6 persons coming in and they even circled around to get our son's friend at a different area without any fuss at all. They also took us to the airport and it was great. It was 85 E for 6 persons and 80 E for the 5 of us.
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 01:01 AM

So many, many people have been using "my" shuttle service!!

They are great..that's all you can say! Very dependable.

Be sure to tell them when you make your next reservation that you have used them before..you will probably get a discount!!

I will be making my reservations for April/MAy soon.

Enjoy.........