WEDDING IN SANTORINI

Nov 21st, 2004, 09:39 PM
Original Poster

WEDDING IN SANTORINI

My fiancee and I are planning on getting married in Santorini, Greece. Any suggestions? stories? ideas? Thanks!
Nov 21st, 2004, 09:55 PM

Did you try searching on here for other posts on the topic before you posted?
Nov 21st, 2004, 10:03 PM

Sorry - I hadn't finished before that last post went up.
Anyway - I did a search for Santorini wedding and lots of previous posts came up with lots of good info. So that's what I would suggest as a starting point and then you can go from there and ask specific questions.
Santorini is beautiful and would be a lovely romantic choice. It is very very popular for weddings too.
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:54 AM

topping for you.... because the "tree" on the l.h. side says there have been no replies when it should say 2 (now 3).
Nov 22nd, 2004, 10:50 AM

Check out the Heliotopos Hotel. Wonderful place. www.heliotopos.net
Nov 22nd, 2004, 11:09 AM

We were married at Perivolas in Santorini in 2002. We arranged everything through a wedding planner there. It was nothing fancy. Just the two of us and the fellow performing the ceremony. But the view and setting was spectacular. We can't think of a better way to get married. Feel free to E-mail me if you'd like details.
[email protected]
Nov 22nd, 2004, 04:09 PM

Hi,
Here is my sad story. My son and his bride-to-be had it all arranged to get married in Santorini, May of 2005. There were going to be about 60 people coming from the US. All summer we dreamt about this wedding. My DH and I have been to Santorini twice and knew how fabulous it would be. Then this Oct. the army called him into action, supposedly for Iraq. He is an "indiviual ready reserve", (I never heard of this before. It really is a backdoor draft.) After college (8 years ago) he put in 1 1/2 years in the army reserves, hurt his knee, was ask to leave, and was formally discharged this past May as it was an 8 year commitment, even though he did not do weekend or summer training. Don't ask how this can happen, but it can. The wedding is now taking place in three weeks and will be very small. Hopefully we will all go to Santorini to celebrate his return.

Anyway the planning was fairly easy. We did get a travel agent to coordinate the air and hotel reservations, for those who did not want to do this on their own. This was very helpful. The hardest part was finding a restaurant in Oia for the reception. We did find one and called them, and they were great. They would do the music, have the ceremony, etc. The name of the restaurant is Palea Orihia. The two hotels we were using was the Katikies and the Esperas. Both were very helpful.

Have a fabulous time and lift a few drinks to our son and his very-soon-to-be wife.
Nov 22nd, 2004, 04:27 PM

Oh, yipper, how sad and horrible. Back door draft, indeed.
Hopefully your families will still enjoy a lovely wedding, no matter where. And I wish him a safe return from Iraq. Going to Santorini to celebrate will be a wonderful way to welcome him home.
Apr 7th, 2005, 09:56 AM

I know this is and old thread, but if anyone is still reading, I'm getting married in about 5 weeks in Santorini and have a fabulous wedding planner and can offer tons of advice. Just let me know! Thanks and so sorry to hear about your son and his bride. Hopefully they'll get their Santorini trip soon enough!