Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

We need a room in Bruges with 3 beds, can anyone recommend a B&B?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2003, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are 3 ladies traveling to Bruges next March. We would like to stay in a B&B but can't find one with 3 beds. A lot of them list prices for a triple room but the photos they show are of a double and a twin bed . . . we all want our own bed!

Has anyone rented a room with 3 beds in Bruges? We'd like to stay under $90.

Thanks in advance,
Sandy
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 02:41 PM

I did a quick Google and this was the first to come up. It's in your price range too.

http://users.pandora.be/elisabethsco.../englisch.html

I don't know anything else about it, though.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

I'd tried to look at this website before posting but it won't come up on my computer, I keep getting "want to debug" messages.

Have any suggestions on how I can view it?

Thanks,
Sandy
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 06:42 PM

What browser are you using? I'd suggest using the latest version of Internet Explorer. It does have a lot of JavaScript, so that's probably why you are getting errors if you are using an old browser or Netscape.

If you still can't view it, you could just contact them with this info that I copied from the web site:

[email protected]
or telephone: 32 - (0)50 - 33.24.38

Marc & Marieanne Schroeyers Kleppe
Koningin Elisabethlaan 67 - 8000 Bruges - Belgium
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 10:56 PM

Sandy,
Try http://www.brugge.be/verblijf/en/menlogies.htm for all different kinds of accomodation.
Be sure to choose a 8000 zip code, which stands for the city center 'intra muros'.
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:58 AM

It's very hsrd to tell from most websites, as they don't often seem to feature pictures of the triple rooms.

Hotel Bryghia is where a bunch of us stayed on a recent visit. I can vouch for the hotel being nice and staff friendly and location good (only a few minutes walk from the busy areas but in a quiet peaceful location).

I can't tell whether it has triples with three beds or a double and a single.

You could email them and ask if you're interested.

http://www.bryghiahotel.be/eng/intro.htm
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks WillTravel, I tried switching to I.E. and the site came right up with no errors! I've emailed Elizabeth's Corner and am awaiting a reply.

I've been looking at the B&B list in Bruges but it's slow going as I have to load each one and go look at the photos and then email them only to find a triple to them is 1 big bed and 1 twin.

Thanks Kavey . . . I looked at that website and their triples are $188, 'way out of our price range.

I'm still wading through the long list and will keep emailing places . . . good thing it's a long time until March!

Sandy
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 01:09 PM

Have you tried Hotel Jacobs? Very quiet, spotless clean, good breakfast, walk to city center.
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 01:47 PM

Sorry Sandy, I hadn't remembered their prices as so high. Are you looking for a triple for $90 total?

Given that March might be a touch quieter than high season, it might be worth emailing to ask what rate they could do/ whether they have a triple with three beds.

I've not come across many of those, especially in European hotels that are housed in historical buildings.

Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 04:32 PM

Have you considered renting a holiday flat instead of staying at a B&B? We stayed on the ground floor of Drie Koningen and loved it - and only 5 mins to the Markt. You can read about it here:

http://www.kanthuisje.com/d3kon/

Or read about other holiday flats at:

http://www.visit-bruges.com/accomoda...iday-flats.htm
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 07:40 PM

We have a triple room booked for 75 Euro a night at the Gheeraert Bed and Breakfast for a 2 night stay in March. I don't know if they offer a room with 3 beds. You could email them and ask. They were very quick to respond.

This B and B is recommended in Rick Steve's guidebook. I liked that they have a refrigerator and coffeemaker in each room.The 75 Euro includes breakfast.

Their website is http://users.skynet.br/[email protected]

They also rent apartments, but have a 3 night minimum stay. Have a great time! Laurie
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 02:46 AM

Sandy,
We stayed at a wonderful B&B in Brugge. The rooms were amazingly comfortable with beautiful furnishings and a large, elegant bathroom. The owner, Annie, is very warm and friendly and she moved 2 beds into our room to accomodate our children. We still felt as though we had plenty of room, even with the extra beds. She and her husband live in a separate area of the house and you have full run of a beautiful living room with cushy chairs and couches, a beautiful fireplace that she lights in the evenings along with dozens of candles - it is a magical place. Breakfast is scrumptious with delicious fruit, pastries, cheeses, coffee, eggs, etc. Highly recommend - it was above $90 but not buy much. Website if www.number11.be.
Brugge is beautiful - enjoy!!!
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 03:05 AM

We just returned two days ago from Bruges and stayed in an absolutely wonderful house that was only 78 euro/night for five of us! This one was a ten minute walk from the center of town, but they have another that is much closer and at the same rates (it just wasn't available when we wanted to go). The owner's name is Petra and their website is http://users.pandora.be/tpalmhuisje/engels.htm

Take a look at their prices and keep in mind that in March there is a 20% discount. I also believe that a weekend is considered three nights and not two.

Good luck and have a great trip!
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

I have been busy all morning emailing and looking at the websites y'all suggested.

Laurie, we booked the Gheerheart B&B, as Roos did write right back and said they have a triple room with 3 beds. We've reserved for Mar 12-15. When in March are you going?

Sardog10, you got a fantastic deal on that apartment. I emailed them and the rate for March for 3 nights is 410 euros (over our budget). It looked GREAT.

Beanweb24, I think I looked at every website, they all looked good but were a little more than the B&B we booked above (and the B&B provides breakfast).

Thanks to all who responded, y'all are the BEST!

Now I've got to find budget accommodations for Amsterdam . . .

Thanks again,
Sandy
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 12:50 PM

Sandy, I'm glad that worked out for you. I hope it is a nice place. The website makes it look good and it is located very near to the sites.

We are going to be there on March 19-20.
Hope you have a great time! Laurie
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 02:31 PM

For Amsterdam, try www.amsterdamby.com - the worldby.com sites are great and cover every type of lodging from B&Bs to castles! Enjoy your trip to Belgium and the Netherlands.