Search

Water Taxi to Hotel??

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water Taxi to Hotel??

Hello,

We will be leaving in one week for our trip to Venice. Need to get information on how to get from Venice Marco Polo Airport to our hotel, Palazzo Sant Angelo sul Canal Grande. Can you get a water taxi directly from the airport? We arrive at 9:15 p.m. Do the water taxis run that late? Also, thank you to all of you who were so helpful in planning my trip. Because of your information, I got the 29 Euro (first class) tickets on Trenitalia from Venice to Rome. Again, thank you!

What a wonderful site!

Mayber
Old May 17th, 2006, 10:57 PM

You'll be able to get a water taxi from the airport (the dock is about a 10min walk and there's a booking desk inside the airport) direct to your hotel which has a landing dock right outside. The other option is a land taxi or the ATVO (blue) bus to Piazalle Roma and then the No.1 to San Angelo - also right near the hotel.
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Original Poster

Maryk,

Thank you for your information. Do you think it would be better if we took a cab (instead of walking) to the dock? Do the water taxis run very often after 9:30 p.m.? Also, would you have any idea of the cost?

I really appreciate this help.

Mayber
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:08 AM

Hi Mayber,

If this is your first trip to Venice then by all means take a water taxi to the hotel. My husband and I did this when we arrived on the first night of our honeymoon and we still consider that one of the highlights of our time in Venice. Sounds funny, but it's like doing something out of a James Bond movie - getting off the plane, getting on a water taxi and landing in St. Mark's Square (or wherever your hotel is). Very, very romantic. Have a great time!
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Original Poster

TravelBabies,

Thank you for your useful information. It is my first trip! Very excited. Would you suggest taking a cab to the dock to catch the water taxi? It seems like quite a walk with luggage/golf clubs and all. Any idea of the cost for water taxi to the hotel?

Again, my big thanks!

Mayber

Old May 18th, 2006, 02:44 AM

First of all I don't think you can get a taxi from the airport terminal to the dock at least, I didn't see one...It's really not that far. I walked it Sept 2004 in the blistering cold rain and it seemed far but it actually isn't. For a 10 min walk it would only be 2 or 3 min by car so I doubt if any taxi would even bother.
Old May 18th, 2006, 04:43 AM

We took a shuttle bus from the airport to the dock. It's a very short ride, but after an all-night flight, every little bit helps.

At the dock, I think you can choose your water transportation from Alilaguna water bus or water taxi.

I don't know exactly how the first operates, since we were a group of 8 and split the cost of the water taxi (about $80 about three years ago).

Byrd

Old May 18th, 2006, 04:45 AM

Hi mayber -

Do you know, I must have been so excited myself about just having gotten married and being on my honeymoon, that I can honestly say I cannot even remember the walk to the dock!!! We only got married five years ago this July and all I recall is walking out the door of the airport and being near the dock??? So it probably is such a short walk you won't even realize it. You should also be able to bring the luggage cart/trolley with you if you have any heavy luggage, I would think. Go for it - and I hope you enjoy it...we really did!
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:22 PM

I dont think you'd get a water taxi to take you to the dock - it really is no more than what you'd normally walk to a car park at most airports. As you're arriving at night, just go to the booking counter inside the airport and ask for a taxi. They'll make sure there's one at the dock for you. The cost of a water taxi to San Angelo is around 80euro. Expensive I know - but really really worth it - particularly if it's your first trip to Venice. It also sounds like you're going to have quite a lot of luggage (golf clubs!) so I'd definitely be getting a water taxi.
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:30 PM

Hi Mayber,

Did you purchase your train tickets in the Trenitalia website? If so, any problems when doing it?

Thanks!
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:34 PM
ira

Hi May,

A water taxi is just like a land taxi; they run all night. It will be about 90E for the boat.

Old May 18th, 2006, 02:35 PM
ira

Hi cruise,

You can buy the 29E ES* tickets only at www.trenitalia.com.

Old May 18th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

cruiseluv,

My traveling partner had problems but I tried and I did not have any problems whatsoever. We got the first class tickets from Venice to Rome and later, Rome to Milan for 29 Euros. I hope you have the same luck.

Mayber
Old May 18th, 2006, 06:53 PM

Mayber and Ira,

Thank you!

Mayber, Have a great time!
Old May 18th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Original Poster

MaryK, TravelBabies, TheVagabondLady, Byrd, Cruiseluv, IRA

I feel much more comfortable now about how to get to our hotel. I want to thank all of you for your input so helpful you all are.

I will have to start planning another trip because I enjoy this site so much.

Let the adventure begin!

Mayber
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 04:23 PM

I don't know about a water taxi. But the last time I was in Venice, we took a "water bus", the Vaporetto, from the airport. It makes a bunch of stops all through the city. You'll have to walk from the stop to your hotel.

As I recall it was a few dollars. Overall, the vaporetto was a great value. You can buy a "day ticket" and ride it around all day.

This was all a few years ago so I don't know how accurate.