Vivaldi in Venice

Search

Vivaldi in Venice

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 01:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vivaldi in Venice

Suggestions for going to a Vivaldi concert in Venice with an 8 year old? Do I need to buy tickets in advance?
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 02:52 AM

Try these links:

http://www.imusiciveneziani.com/vene...enterdate2.htm

http://www.interpretiveneziani.com/i...meset_home.htm

It's advisable to book in advance.

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:11 AM

Hi,

Also having trouble posting replies here. I just returned from Venice last week and we saw a concert with Vivaldi, Mozart and Rossini at Chiesa Di San Giacometto, one of the oldest churches in Venice, near the Rialto Bridge. It was amazing, the acoustics were wonderful. We got tickets the day before from our hotel, they were 20 Euros each. It was one of the highlights of my trip, I highly recommend it. You can get more info at www.ensembleantoniovivaldi.com.
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:34 AM

bookmarking for me No time to check links now... thanks!
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:36 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I went to the San Vidal Church to hear the Interpreti Veneziani and really enjoyed their concert. We didn't buy tickets in advance, but we were there in March, when Venice was relatively uncrowded. There are concerts almost every night with an alternating program.

I was much more impressed with the musicians than I expected to be with a performance that is put on for tourists.
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:45 AM

I did the same as Nikki but on Christmas night. We definitely had to purchase in advance for that performance. Really enjoyed it as well.
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:47 AM

Can anyone tell me what type of attire is typically worn to the Vivaldi concert at Chiesa Di San Giacometto? I don't want to be underdressed, but I don't want to be overdressed, either.

Thanks.

Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:01 AM

Hi GettingThere:

Saw this concert myself and it was great. The musicians were quite accomplished. Attire for women ranged from cocktail dresses to sneakers, tee shirts and jeans. Men in trousers and soft collared shirt or pressed shirt again to sneakers, tees and jeans. Pretty much the same for children. Traveling Partner (TP) in trousers and a pressed shirt, no tie, dress shoes and I had dress pants and nice dressy top, heels, scarf tho TP objected to wearing heels himself, just joking. He was okay with the scarf.

Denise
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:41 AM

Thanks for the info, Denise.
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 08:37 AM

Denise is right. Since the audience is made up of tourists of all ages and from many places, you'll find a wide range of attire from well dressed to "I can't believe what they're wearing".
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 11:44 AM

Yes, I too was suprised at the range of attire, from dressy to sightseeing. I felt it was a special occasion so we dressed up a little, but you certainly don't have to. For some reason, the trip back to the hotel, at 10:30, on the Vaporetta was so crowded, we were jammed in like sardines, which was the only time I saw it like that during our stay. I'm sure that is much more common in the summer.