Visiting Paris in Mid April

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2016, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are group of three people and we are planning to visit Paris from 10th April to 16th April. I read on net that it may not be good experience in April month. Can someone suggest how it would be in Paris in April month? I am so close in booking tickets.
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 07:29 AM

Do you mean that the weather might not be ideal? It's true that it can be cold and rainy in April, but that doesn't create many problems unless you plan to be outdoors most of the time. You can always plan museum visits on rainy days.

The last time we were in Paris in April, it rained about three days in the week, but it wasn't always heavy rain, nor did it last all day.
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 07:40 AM

For weather, I use the following site: http://www.accuweather.com/en/fr/par...il-weather/623

It allows you to change the year to see what happened in previous years, and you can toggle from Celsius to Farenheit.
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 07:44 AM

On any given day in Paris the weather may not be ideal. Please don't rely on that for a visit to Paris.
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 08:05 AM

'En avril ne te découvre pas d'un fil.'

Used by people in the north of France and south of Belgium and means : In april, don't remove any layer of clothes.

April can be nice, and can be cold, and can be rainy or otherwise miserable.

No way to know. Paris is nice under rain - don't expect triopical rains and floods but more a persistant small rain.
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 08:30 AM

This is a good site for seeing historical weather data:
http://www.wunderground.com/history/
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 08:36 AM

If I had a choice of when to go, I wouldn't choose April, either, due to weather. But I wouldn't not go at all due to that possibility if that were the best time to plan the trip. But you just have to be prepared for possible weather changes and that it can be cool or not. Better than February or March in some ways, though. It's not going to be that bad.
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 08:39 AM

for our first trip, we went mid April. cold and rainy. we now go mid may-amazing what a month can do. warm and sunny with blue skies for our last 5 trips. and the gardens are in bloom and you can eat outside...and it doesn't get dark until 10pm!
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 11:02 AM

This past year I spent two weeks in Paris; last week in March - cold, miserable rainy and first week in April - sunny, warmer, gorgeous. I loved both weeks equally but then I love Paris and have been there when it snows, rains, is hot, whatever and always been happy to be there.
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 11:57 AM

<<. I read on net that it may not be good experience in April month.>>

In what way? If it's weather you're worried about, well, it's a far cry nicer than February, generally. Besides, there are never any gurantees. You could have hot sunny weather, snow, sleet, rain, clouds, or anything in between. It's mid-January here in the Dordogne, and yesterday we had a small tornado, sleet, thunderstorms, pouring rain, and a warm sunny morning. For the week before that it was sunshine and shirt-sleeve weather. I am way past letting weather have anything to do with my travel plans.

If it's something else, you'll need to explain, because I've been in Paris in every month of the year and never had a bad experience.
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 05:18 PM

We usually do europe in May for longer days and warmer weather without the hideous heat of midsummer and the worst of the crowds. But it can rain. In fact if you spend a week in almost any place in europe it will rain at least one day - it's a temperate climate and rain is part of it.

Honestly, you won't melt.

Or is the problem a different one?
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 05:59 PM

Music for your soundtrack; one of the great big-band arrangements from the middle of the previous century. If Count Basie liked April in Paris, maybe you could too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCmcoZktZG4