Reload this Page >

Visit to Ferrari factory

Search

Visit to Ferrari factory

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Peter

Visit to Ferrari factory

Does anyone know how to organise a visit to the Ferrari factory. Do they allow non-Ferrari owners to visit?<BR><BR>

Old May 17th, 2002, 08:42 AM
xxx

Only if you know the secret Ferrari owners handshake.

Old May 17th, 2002, 09:06 AM
zippy

???? go to the source and ask, http://www.ferrari.com/<BR><BR>

Old May 17th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Belle

Try this web site:<BR>www.ferrariclub.com/faq/factory.html<BR><BR>I don't know how old this info is as they still don't have directions on how to actually get to the factory. Also this site indicates that you "might" be able to get your local Ferrari dealer to set up a tour but, here in Chicago, the local dealer indicated they would only do that for a customer or serious potential customer.<BR>If lucky, you might get to see them drive some cars out of the factory to the test track. Seems like the museum might be worth a stop but best check the hours as it looks like it closes over lunch.<BR>If you find out any additional details, please post back as we are going to attempt to visit the factory/museum as we go from Milan to Rome at the end of June. Directions from Moderno would be particularly helpful as we have no idea as to the size of the town the factory is in.<BR>

Old May 17th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Peter

Thanks Belle and others<BR><BR>You will be going before me but from the site I think you can phone or fax them and see if they will let you visit.<BR><BR>

Old May 19th, 2002, 08:46 PM
Carin

Do a search here on Ferrari. I remember reading something about it about a year and half ago here at Fodor's site. I do remember it was disappointing news - no tours, I think. Good luck!

Old May 20th, 2002, 01:55 AM
Andrea

My husband works for the company who makes a component for air conditioning systems that Ferrari uses, and our experience is that you will not be able to get a tour if you just show up. He was able to tour the facility due to his work connection, but it took a series of high level phone calls from his Italian company and their Ferrari contact. It was quite a production to arrange; they were very nice about it, but tours are definatly rare occurences for owners or very serious buyers with a solid connection to make the appointment for you. Sorry - do let us know, however, if you learn the secret handshake and get a tour anyway!