Search

Vinci Museum hours?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vinci Museum hours?

Hi,

Has anyone been to the Leonardo da Vinci museum in Vinci recently? My family is planning on visiting there while we are staying in Lucca. On the museum website, it says it is open every day. In a 2007 Michelin guidebook, it says it is closed on Mondays (the day we planned to go, of course). There is no indication on the website when it was last updated and I tried emailing the museum but the email address is no longer working.

Thanks for any help!
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 06:51 AM

Have you looked at this Web site?

http://www.museoleonardiano.it/orari.htm

It must have been updated at some time before May 1, 2007. And there's an e-mail address that should work, since it's part of the town's e-mail addresses.
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much!!

No, I haven't see that web site. And it does indicate that the museum IS open every day, so I don't have to re-arrange our schedule.
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 08:56 AM

We went there a couple years ago. It's a nice tiny town and the museum is interesting. You drive a lisght bit out of town and visit his home. Overall,it's no more than a total 1-2 hours there. The road there takes longer than you might think,so don't feel rushed.
You say your "family". I remember that your boys will be traveling with you. Lucky boys!
I think that they would like Collodi .It's fairly close to your route to Vinci.
You might also consider taking them to "Leonardo and the infinite" Among other things it has working models of Leonardo's cars (like armoured tanks). I believe all echibits are there in English. We have not been to this yet,but probably will later this year.
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Jabez,

Thanks for the information - Vinci sounds perfect. We are driving from Venice to Lucca and wanted to stop there on the way. Maybe we can stop in Collodi too! We can't check into our apartment till 3 p.m.

My boys are super excited for the trip and yes, they are lucky, lol, but I couldn't think of going without them. They are such sponges, I know they will love it all.

And thank you, too, for alerting me to that exhibit in Rome. I've added it to the list!