Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Villa Scacciapensieri or Palazzo Ravizza?

Apr 4th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

I have heard great things about both of these hotels. Which is closer to Siena? Are they both easy to get to? How do you get into the city form Palazzo Ravizza? I know there is a bus from V.S. into town.Which hotel boasts nicer views?
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:00 AM

Here is my trip report from Scacciapensieri. From what I've read on this board, the Ravizza is more in town. The views from Scacciapensieri are okay, but not incredible. We had a lovely room with a garden view. You will see photos on my website:
http://www.travelswithdiane.homestea...13Tuscany.html
Apr 4th, 2007, 02:30 PM

We also stayed at the Scacciapensieri. It is on the outskirts and easy to get to thru a rather urban area. When we wanted to visit the center of Siena we took taxis. I think we also may have stayed at the Ravizza many, many moons ago. If I remember correctly it is on the edge of ancient Siena and walkable to all the sights. If it's the place I'm thinking of I believe we parked outside the walls.
Apr 4th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Original Poster

I understand that the views from Palazzo Ravizza are incredible but I don't think they have a pool. I'm not sure that I care that much but we are going in July and I might care then. Being in the city might be better for us because you can walk to all the sights.I just wanted to know if one of those hotels is better than the other.
Apr 4th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

By the way, your travel photos are beautiful. Doesn't sound like you loved Villa Scacciapensieri.