Villa Scacciapensieri in Tuscany

Old May 27th, 2010, 05:46 PM
ejs
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Villa Scacciapensieri in Tuscany

I am thinking of staying at this hotel outside of Sienna in June. My other choice was Palazzo Ravizza which is not available. Does anyone have any info on the Villa Scacciapensieri. We are renting a car and plan to stay 3 nites and explore the area. Thank you
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:00 PM

This is the English version of their website: http://www.villascacciapensieri.it/en/home.html. I've never stayed there, but it's well located and it looks very nice. It's a member of a well reputed small hotel management company, so it seems you will be quite happy there.

Sandra
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:17 PM

I stayed there in 07 and it was absolutely wonderful. Great place. Since you are renting a car it is not a problem. The train station is just down the hill from the Hotel as well so you can get there quite easily. The staff was wonderful. The restaurant in the hotel was pretty good, although a bit overpriced (you can find better in the city). I upgraded my room when I got there, which gave me a great view of the City of Siena. They have a nice terrace to relax at, a very beautiful and peaceful garden. It was a a perfect escape for a few days down in Siena.

I highly recommend staying here!
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:32 PM

We stayed at the Villa Scacciapensieri the first time we went to Siena. The major drawback is that you have to drive or take the bus into Siena and parking is a big problem in Siena. Buses don't run late at night so you have to take a cab back to the hotel if you've taken a bus. If your goal is to see Siena stay in Siena--it's lovely when the daytrippers leave and the Campo is deserted. When we returned to Siena we made it a point to stay in the city proper.
Old May 28th, 2010, 06:15 PM
ejs
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies. We are planning to use it as a base and explore the area.
Ellen