Reload this Page >

Villa Beaumarchais

Search

Villa Beaumarchais

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Sally

Villa Beaumarchais

I am about to book a package with Expedia for the first week in June. We will be staying at the Villa Beaumarchais. Has anyone stayed there recently? I did a search and there were a couple of good comments. Thanks.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Anthony

Sally,<BR><BR>Do you mean the Caron de Beaumarchais, a hotel in the Marais district of Paris. If so, it is excellent. If not, where is the Villa Beaumarchais located?

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 07:19 AM
tosally

sally- do you mean the one in the marais? i lived there for weeks. we really liked it.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Sally

It is not the Caron de Beaumarchais, although they are both in Marais. The address is 5 Rue Des Arquebusiers. Also, if you did stay there would you happen to know if its worth $53 more each night for a superior rather than a standard room? Thank you so much for responding.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Sandy

I stayed at the Villa Beaumarchais for 6nights in February last year. I was very pleased. The rooms look EXACTLY like they do in the pictures. The bathroom is positively palatial by Paris standards. Lovely decor, very clean rooms, excellent restaurant. It is VERY hard for taxi drivers to find. <BR>Sorry, but I can't tell you if a superior room is worth the extra $$.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Sally

Sandy, thanks for the info. Makes me feel much better about my choice. Did you stay in a standard or superior room if you don't mind my asking. Any tips on what to tell the taxi driver? Sally

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:30 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Sandy

We had a standard room. Two beds right next to each other overlooking the inside courtyard. There was also a desk and a bench in the room, as well as the armoire for the tv. I was with my cousin; we both had room to stand and walk on our respective sides of the bed. HUGE bathroom. Not a spacious room but nicely appointed and very clean. I never saw another room, so I don't know about the superior rooms; I did feel our room was small, but not tiny (it was much larger and nicer than the room we had just left in London!). I believe the card for the hotel/restaurant has a small map on it, but I'm not sure. I would download a map from the internet and bring it with me. Also, it is right off a major street (whose name I can't remember) and if you know that, or say it is right near Chemin Vert metro and you can direct them from there. If you would like to contact me directly via email, just ake out the xx - will be happy to answer any questions. I wish I could afford to stay there again - I'm going back to Paris by myself later this month, but it is just too pricey for one person. Enjoy!