Notices

Hotels near Hotel Madison in Paris?

Old May 16th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels near Hotel Madison in Paris?

It turns out this hotel is full for the nights I am wanting to stay, but I have absolutely fallen in love with the location and proximitity to Saint Germain des Pres metro station and the walking distances to so many things ... but namely the neighbourhood.

Are there any other hotels extremely close near Madison?

Sad and shocked,
Chris
Old May 16th, 2004, 10:31 PM

Chris, seriously, check www.laterooms.com. I see that there are two hotels in St. Germain listed with last minute offers. One is really nice-Villa Luxembourg-and they're offering a double for 105 euros/night. The other hotel is Villa Pantheon (5th district, Latin Qtr.) for 140 euros/night.
The Villa Luxembourg isn't close to the Madison but not that far. It's across from the Luxembourg Gardens yet a short walk to Blvd. St. Germain and the Seine. By the way, that rate is a very good one as it's considered a 4* hotel.
Of course, Villa Pantheon, is further away but not that far. It's a good location as you know.
Laterooms.com don't have too many good choices in the 6th.
Old May 16th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Original Poster

You have, and still are, my savior Franc.

Do you know anything about the HOTEL ROYAL SAINT GERMAIN?
Old May 16th, 2004, 10:44 PM

Sorry, Chris, I don't know that one. I looked at venere.com to see an example of their rooms and also at Pages Jaunes to see what the hotel's exterior looked like.
Honestly, it doesn't look too nice-very simple rooms and the street looks too busy, the exterior doesn't appear attractive.
Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with the Villa Luxembourg. There have been favorable comments here about it too.
If you look at their website you'll notice a huge difference between its rooms and the rooms at Royal St. Germain. Villa Lux. is a very nice hotel. You sure you don't want to give it a try?
Old May 16th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Original Poster

Oh, I will definitely try it. What metro station is it close to? I would prefer the Saint Germain stop itself ... but that's just because I was so fond of the Madison's location.

The area around the Villa Luxembourg, how different is it than the Madison? Thanks, you are my newest best friend.
Old May 17th, 2004, 01:41 AM

Hi!
The hotel Left Bank Saint Germain is a good 3 stars hotel, located in Saint Germain area and near the metro station.
Their website is: http://www.leftbankstgermain.com/
Have a good trip in Paris!
Old May 17th, 2004, 02:06 AM

Any hotel on Rue Jacob would be just as close..Millesime, danube, D'Angletere, La Villa, due Continents, des Marroniers, or try the aArtus..or Ira's favorite..the Bonaparte..all are very close to St Germain metro station
Old May 17th, 2004, 04:28 AM

Our favorite, the Hotel des Saint-Peres, is about 2 and a half blocks from the Saint Germain metro station. It is a great area.
Old May 17th, 2004, 05:16 AM

We have staed at the Au Manoir Saint Germain De Pres, which is just down the block from the Madison and next tot the Brasserie Lipp. It has very nice rooms and a good breakfast. Good Luck.

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwest...ertyCode=93444
Old May 17th, 2004, 05:19 AM

Metro stop is St. Sulpice. I don't know the actual area around the Villa Luxembourg as I haven't stayed near the Lux. Gardens before. I did visit the gardens and felt that the area is quite nice. It's not too far from the Madison which is on Blvd. St. Germain.

All the other suggestions given are really good ones. But I think you mentioned you'll be leaving for Paris in three days (2 days now) so I don't know if they will have rooms available at this time. You should call directly to inquire. I, personally, have stayed at Hotel d'Angleterre and the Danube but did not care for them, reasons given before.

You can find reviews here on all the hotels suggested.

Old May 17th, 2004, 05:20 AM

We checked out the Artus - very cool and chic. About 2 blocks from the Madison. It's right on Rue de Buci...a great street. We stayed a couple more blocks away at Relais Christine...I got in last minute and did get a deal but they are still expensive. Fabulous hotel.
Old May 17th, 2004, 05:35 AM

Hi sppunk--just to add to what the above have mentioned--we have stayed in Left Bank Saint Germain, Hotel des Saint-Peres and Au Manoir Saint Germain De Pres. Au Manoir is just down the street from the Madison but *all* of these were very good hotels each with their own advantages and disadvantages but all in *great* locations. This is the only part of Paris we ever stay in and we love it!!
Old May 20th, 2004, 09:19 AM

My wife and I stayed at the Pas des Calais
last summer and are returning there this fall. Google it at Pas des Calais and I think you will be pleased. Right off Blvd St Germain and the Metro stop.