Villa Luxembourg in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2003, 12:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at the Villa Luxembourg on 121 Boulevard Du Montparnasse in Paris, 75006? Would you recommend it? Thanks!<BR>
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 02:32 AM

<BR>Haven't stayed at that particular hotel, but I know the area very well. I think, you can rent studios with a kitchenette.<BR>We once went in to get some material and it looked fine.<BR>The only downpoint, Blvd. Montparnasse is loaded with traffic, day and night. I would definitely ask for a room to the back.<BR>Other than that, the area is perfect for getting around (easy metro and bus access), walks in the Luxembourg Gardens, large famous brasseries, small cozy bistrots and cafes, less touristy than the northern part of the 6th arr.
Old May 12th, 2003, 05:37 AM

Hey guys...
We're looking at staying at this hotel in July 2003...any other comments?
I can't seem to find much on this hotel.
Old May 12th, 2003, 05:53 AM

Here is a comment from only yesterday from post &quot;Short Notice Paris Trip. Hotel Question&quot;:

Author: LynnP
Date: 05/11/2003, 06:40 pm

I have just got back (2 hours ago) from Paris and stayed in the Villa Luxembourg, my son and I took a single room each for the weekend and paid 95 euro each using Laterooms. The hotel was comfortable, small rooms of course. I don't know what the doubles were like as my husband was working this weekend. The single rooms had a double bed in them which we were pleasantly surprised by. Good water pressure in the bathroom (very odd position of a mirror on the front of the washbasin stand). The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. We didn't have the breakfast either! The location is good, near a number of metro stops so easy to get around with some decent cafes in the area. Easy walking to the Latin Quarter and St Germain. It is airconditioned but I didn't need to turn it on this trip. I can't imagine you would be disappointed with the hotel, at the rates we are paying I think it fulfills all of our needs. I would not want to pay full price for it though. The rooms Patrick and I had were supposed to go for 224 euro each, which I think would be too much for a no charm albeit comfortable and conveniently located hotel. Have fun in Paris, we did!

Old May 12th, 2003, 05:54 AM

In case you were not aware of it, you can also type in the hotel's name in the &quot;Text Search&quot; box above and many other comments will appear.
Old May 12th, 2003, 05:56 AM

Thanks Franc.
Old May 12th, 2003, 10:12 AM

I'm confused a little by the above review because that place used to be a Citadines (and before that was Time Montparnasse) and has always been an apart-hotel. It's a great location and I have thought of staying there if I wanted a kitchenette. It always got very good reviews in Gustafson's Cheap Sleeps in Paris Book (in the apartments section).

However, the above post makes it sound like a regular hotel, not apartments. I wonder if it has some regular hotel rooms or what. I just viewed its own web site and they don't mention kitchenettes at all -- it looks like when they took over, they redid all the rooms and turned them into regular hotel rooms. It's a couple doors to the right (east) of the intersection of bd Raspail and Montparnasse. It looks very good for some of the rates I've seen around 100-125 euro.
Old May 12th, 2003, 02:23 PM

Based on the info they sent me when I booked I would say that they still have some apt type rooms. They offered me a double at 109 Euros (Thru Laterooms.com) or a suite at over 200 Euros. (I went with the double!)

Also, just an FYI. I did a search on this hotel yesterday and my own post did not come up. Since I know I spelled it the same way I have not
Old May 12th, 2003, 07:10 PM

posts don't turn up in a search for a while because Fodors needs to &quot;index&quot; them, which somehow put the words into the database for searching. This doesn't happen for a while -- used to be a LONG while, like weeks, but definitely not the next day.
Old May 13th, 2003, 03:59 AM

Thanks guys...I had the same problem with the search thing as well.
Anybody else stayed here?