Vieux Nice

Mar 3rd, 2002, 08:56 AM
fran

Vieux Nice

Is Le Grimaldi within walking distance of vieux Nice?

Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:17 AM
jj

yes, only a couple of blocks.

Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:30 AM
fran

Thank you.

Mar 3rd, 2002, 11:49 AM
John H

Hi, Fran,

I am due to stay at Le Grimaldi in Septemeber. Have read good things about it. When will you be going? Would you mind e-mailing me directly or doing a posting here upon your return?

Has anyone else looking at this posting stayed at Le Grimaldi? Comments? Any favorite places/restaurants in Nice?

Thanks.

John H

Mar 3rd, 2002, 01:39 PM
fran

Hi John H----I'm going in September, too. We're first going to the UK (my husband wants to go to the Goodwood Revival Weekend near Chichester) and then will fly to Nice. We'll get to Nice on 9/9. When are you going?

Mar 3rd, 2002, 01:41 PM
fran

John H-
Forgot to mention that you can try a search for Le Grimaldi and you will find alot of comments on this site. And I will post when I get back.

Mar 3rd, 2002, 02:43 PM
John H

Hi, Fran,

Thanks for your note. We'll be arriving into Paris on Sept 6 and getting into Nice for 4 days and 3 nights late morning on Sept 19. If you'll be overlapping by any chance, let me know. Otherwise, have a great trip.

By the way, the owners/managers at Le Grimaldi have been wonderful in their e-mail communications with me over the past several months. Always a great sign.

John

Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:36 PM
fran

Hi, John. We'll be gone from Nice by the time you get there. Have a great trip and post when you get back so we can compare impressons of Le Grimaldi.

Jun 2nd, 2002, 06:45 AM
fran

Hey John----we are not staying at Le Grimaldi after all. We decided to stay at the Hotel Welcome in Villefranche-sur-mer. Have a great trip.