Search

viennese hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 04:35 PM
bill hunter

viennese hotels

we are thinking about vienna in november and i am looking for recommendations for a nice 3 star hotel in vienna. i like the hotel raspail in paris and use that as a benchmark if that helps. thanks in advance. <BR><BR>bill

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 04:40 PM
Read

hey, don't bother reading any ohter recommendation, ask for a custom rec. Right? <BR><BR>Lazy

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 05:46 PM
bill hunter

re: lazy. i would be happy to read other recommendations for hotels in vienna. would you be kind enough to direct me to them. thanks. bill

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:21 PM
Patrick

Four simple words: Hotel Konig von Ungarn!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:48 PM
Linda

Hotelpension Arenberg is within the Ring and is a 4* but not high priced. Also, a 3* that is nice is Hotel Drei Kronen. You can see both and others on the nethotels.com web site.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:53 AM
bettyk

Bill, just returned from Vienna where we stayed at the Hotel Admiral for the second time. It's right behind the Museum Quarter off the Ringstrasse. Good size room (our bathroom had a shower and tub), great location and a very good rate under $100 for a double. Check out their website: http://www.admiral.co.at/index1.html.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:55 AM
bettyk

Bill, by the way, if you type Vienna Hotels in the Search area at the top of this page, you will bring up lots of good info.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:08 AM
bill hunter

hey. thanks for the feedback. we are used to france and italy and reluctant to break habits......so stepping out is made easier with recommendations.<BR><BR>thanks again. bill hunter

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:09 AM
lizbeth

Hello Bill,<BR>Just recently returned from Vienna, where I stayed at the Kaiserin Elisabeth. I was very pleased with the service, accommodations and most of all the location. Within the Ring, Konig Von Ungarn is in the same two blocks or so and looked very attractive. Outside the Ring, I walked by the K&K Maria Theresa in the very interesting Spittelberg neighborhood and noted it for future trips. Also walked by the Drei Kronen mentioned in a post above, noted it for its location on the street where the Naschmarkt (farmers market) occurs.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:33 AM
Wayne

I am somewhat familiar with all of the hotels mention by others so far in response to your question. The Konig von Ungarn, where I stay when I can, would probably be higher than your budget since it is a nice 4 star hotel, but Kaiserin Elisabeth or Drei Kronen would be your best choices in my opinion. I'm not familiar with the Admiral, but it has certainly gotten its share of favorable comments on this web site.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 01:44 PM
j

I stayed at teh Drei Kronen last november. While I had a great time in Vienna, I found the location of the hotel to be a little too far from the city center. It's a 5-10 minute walk to the metro, and then you ride the metro 2 stops to stephansplatz & St. Stephens. Also found it to be a bit noisy (we had a street-side view) and the drapes didn't allow for a whole lot of privacy (very sheer). In retrospect I wish we had gone for a different location, mainly b/c of the noise from the street.