Reload this Page >

Non-SmokingHotelsInRome

Search

Non-SmokingHotelsInRome

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2002, 09:03 AM
David K.

Non-SmokingHotelsInRome

I was looking for a hotel w/non-smoking rooms/floors in Rome, and have been told by the managers at a few of them that people smoke in the rooms, but they open the windows. Are there non-smoking rooms/floors in Rome similar to U.S. hotels?<BR>Thanks.

Old May 30th, 2002, 03:30 AM
Rex

David,<BR><BR>Thank you for your two e-mail inquiries to me, and for the follow-up. <BR><BR>It's regrettable that a question like yours will sometimes languish, spiraling "to the bottom" unanswered.<BR><BR>I'll repeat a little of what you asked me there, to amplify the information in this question. <BR><BR>You wrote to me, "The manager at Del Senato said that people smoke in the rooms, but they clean them up and open the windows. The Cesari said that they have non-smoking rooms. Do you have any feedback on these?"<BR><BR>I cannot comment on these questions specifically (and that's why I did not answer your question when first asked), but I will say this - - I believe that you can trust what the management tells you, in both instances, This extra effort/attention to maintaining rooms to the standards desired by guests f5rom America is probably reflected in the higher price of the Cesari (Europeans seem quite unaccustomed to requesting a non-smoking room). I can't think of any objective reason, otherwise to call the Cesari "nicer" then del Senato - - but of course, for 7% difference in the price you would hardly expect a perceptible difference.<BR><BR>I liked both hotels. I like the location of both (and not that far from each other).<BR><BR>You also asked, "The Cesari is around UD$18 more per night than the del Senato (although I forgot if the latter includes breakfast in the rate; the Cesari does include breakfast). Can you opt for one more than the other? "<BR><BR>I feel certain that del Senato also includes breakfast. You'll be happy with either choice, I suspect. I don't believe that you will regret saving $18 per night at del Senato.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex Bickers<BR>Westerville, Ohio<BR>

Old May 30th, 2002, 03:44 AM
DB

David,<BR><BR>The Hotel Des Artistes in Rome is entirely non-smoking except for their roof top terrace.<BR><BR>http://hoteldesartistes.com/uk/index.php3<BR><BR>

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:05 AM
David K

Thanks for info.<BR>DK

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 01:46 PM
Rex

You're welcome.<BR>

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 01:52 PM
Book Chick

Casa Howard is non-smoking. It's a small guest house near the Spanish Steps.<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC