Venice Restaurant

Aug 26th, 2003, 08:38 PM
Original Poster

Venice Restaurant

I will be in Venice on a Monday and Tuesday in late October and I need help with a restaurant for Tuesday night. On Monday we are going to Antico Martini. My choices for Tuesday are Taverna Del Bronzino,Ristorante da Raffaele or Taverna la Fenice. Can anyone help me chose one? The descriptions for all of them sounded so good. Thanks.
Aug 27th, 2003, 05:00 AM
ira

Hi MZ,

If they all sound good, does it really matter? Try seeing if you can still get a reservation.
Aug 27th, 2003, 05:31 AM

Hi
I haven't been to two of your choices, but I'm in the Da Raffaele fan club.
As I've said many times, it's a little more than the sum of its parts, but I hope it won't suffer in comparison to Antico Martini. Raffaele doesn't have Venice's best food or decor, but somehow the combination of good food and sitting next to a canal in a prime location means that I haven't been to Venice so far without wanting to dine there once.
I will add that I don't know if there will be outside dining in late October, and if you are dining inside Da Raff.
loses one of its notable assets. Inside is fine, but its not as special.
Aug 27th, 2003, 05:54 AM

Good morning mzredhead...
Would also pick da Raffaele the food may not be the finest in presentation, however have always found it above average. La Fenice is an excellant
ristorante with a more upper class crusine. Have used both over the years
but can no comment on Del Bronzino.
Have a good trip.
Richard of LaGrange Park, Il.
Aug 27th, 2003, 09:12 AM

The best:

Corte Sconta (don't belive what others will post about "pressure")

Testiere

Vini da Gigio

For fun and OK food,

Alla Rivetta
Aug 27th, 2003, 09:17 AM

Glad to read that our top choices are Poppas as well: Corte Sconta and ala Testiere. Don't miss them!
Aug 27th, 2003, 01:01 PM

I just posted this message on another thread:
Da Rafaelle has lovely atmosphere. You will want to sit by the canal and need to reserve those tables in advance. The food is a little pricey. Our favorite restaurant in Venice was San Travaso in the Dorsudoro section. It has no outside dining but has a large no smoking room (sit downstairs). We actually took a picture of the fish soup because it was so chock full of shellfish & filets. We ate at San Travaso twice (very reasonable & the best food) but were glad we went to Da Rafaelle too. More details in my trip report if you care to read it.

Search this Thread