Reload this Page >

Venice in February?

Search

Venice in February?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Jack

Venice in February?

Is low February airfare a good reason to go on a first trip to Venice? Or should we go back to dependable Rome which we love? Thanks for your opinions.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Eye Spy

Better watch out for February. Ash Wednesday is March 5, 2003 so the weeks before Venice is full of Carnival and the prices are way way up there.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Barbie

Absolutely. You'll have troubles finding a hotel at a decent price during the Carneval which seems to start on Feb 21 (till March 4).

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 11:37 AM
gac

If you avoid the Carnevale period in February, you will find some good hotel discounts in Venice. It's cold and rainy, and you'll have to cope with acqua alta, but the museums and churches are still lovely. You'll be somewhat less hampered in Rome during Feburary.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 02:33 PM
robert

Go late as possible so as to avoid the carnaval. My wife and I have been to venice three times, rome once.We find venice much more charming and romantic. RR

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Karen

I should think if you could get reservations, go during Carnivale. I have never been during that time, but would love to see the spectacle of Venice during this time.