Venice hotel to airport? Help.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2003, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a bit confused about getting to the airport from Venice. We are staying at the Accademia Pensione and have an early flight (7:45am)to London on May 24. The hotel tells me I can take a water taxi for about 90-100EU that will take 30 min. to the airport. I had earlier contacted Belt Limo who told me I would need to take a water taxi to the "car transfer" area; and then a private car to the airport. The combined fare would also be about 90EU. Does this sound right?
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 08:29 AM

This thread relates to getting from the train station to your exact hotel:<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=null&amp;tid=34411205<BR><BR>Yo u will obviously do the reverse heading from your hotel to the airport. I take the vaporetto to Piazalle Roma (assume this is the &quot;car transfer area&quot; mentioned by your service) and take the ATVO airport bus, for MUCH less money. All your options are laid out here:<BR> http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgr...ur_section=tra
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 08:35 AM

PS: Here is the scehdule for the ATVO bus - they begin running as early as 5:00 AM<BR><BR>http://www.atvo.it/airport.php?ld=orari_vat.ihtm&amp;id=0<BR><BR>The vaporetti begin running pretty early as well; here is the link to the schedule page for them: http://www.actv.it/eng/rcerca_orari.htm
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 08:38 AM
GAC

You can also take the Alilaguna waterbus from Zattere Landing (5 minutes on foot from Hotel Accademia) to Marco Polo Airport. First boat departs Zattere at 4:20 a.m. Ticket costs 10 Euros.<BR>www.alilaguna.com
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 09:12 AM

Petoonya,<BR><BR>I'm assuming you got answers to your questions from previous posters. We stayed at the Pensione Accademia in Dec. &amp; paid 85 euros from the hotel to the sirport on New Year's Day-a holiday(so 90-100 sounds a bit high to me!) We were 2 people plus luggage but even more people shouldn't affect price.<BR><BR>I would NOT go the Belt Limo route-too inconvenient at that price. For convenience of not dragging luggage, &amp; possibly some extra sleep take the water taxi. You needn't book it now. Wait til you get there &amp; speak to the concierge about the price. Otherwise the Alilaguna from Zattere (make sure it leaves early enough) or vaparetto (don't know what time they start)from Accademia stop (5-7 minutes walk from hotel)to Piazelle Roma &amp; &amp; then land bus to airport.
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 12:29 PM

Belt Limo just wants your business. The water taxi will take you directly to the airport (Marco Polo). What Belt Limo is referring to is the regular, local water bus (vaporetto) that would take you to the &quot;car transfer&quot; area (P. Roma).<BR><BR>If you're going to spend about 90 eu anyway, just take the water taxi directly to the airport.
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much to one and all for all the information. Think we will just let the hotel get us a water taxi and sleep in as late as we can. Many thanks!!