Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Venice Hotel Suggestions - $150 in July?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 09:48 AM
dac
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would appreciate any recommendations in this price range.
Thank you
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:10 AM

Check
http://www.eurocheapo.com/Venice .

You can try La Forcola -
http://www.laforcolahotel.com

However, I fear they might be more expensive than that in July (although with great deals much of the rest of the year).
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 03:18 PM

Buona sera dac,
You didn't say how many persons / rooms, or for how many nights, but have you considered Lido? A quick vaporetto to Piazza San Marco, it's the only island in the lagoon where you'll see folks driving, and it has beautiful "swim-able" beaches. My last trip to Venice I stayed at Le Boulevard on Lido and loved the island and its beaches. Seems to be in your price range for July 2007
www.leboulevard.com
Buon viaggio
BellaLuna
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 03:52 PM

Hi,
My DH and I just returned from a Xmas vacation in Venice. (we also stayed in Firenze, Mongelia, Siena and Paris). In Venice, I highly recommend Hotel Campiello. It's a Rick Steves 2-star hotel recommondation as well. The hotel is located in a quiet residential square a few feet behind a 4-5 star hotel facing the canal, near a Vaporatto station.

The hotel is clean and the staff is super friendly and helpful. The concierges speak English really well are will offer you their suggestions for local dining.

The secret to this hotel is the brand new, super-powerful multi-jet showers. We were delighfully suprised that a small hotel would invest in a super-powerful jet system for the shower. The rest of the room is decorated in pretty Venetian tapestry. It was very romantic.

For our stay Xmas stay, we paid an average of 90 euros, but the room was discounted because of the off-season. According to the price guides, the hotel normally commands 200 euros!

Good luck!
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 05:36 PM

It's been too long since our last trip to Venice for me to make specific recommendations, but you should be able to find an acceptable hotel at $150 or below in the main part of the city--but book soon as the good hotels that are comparatively inexpensive go quickly.