Search

Hotel in Venice

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Venice

What'd be the top 3 to 5 hotels for 2 nights in Venice? We're 3 including a teenager. Don't want to splurge too much
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 03:49 PM
awbaker

We are staying at La Calcina in August. It comes recommended on this forum and Karen Brown's guidebook. August is not a peak period, so we were able to reserve a double room with terrace for 125 euros, and a single room for 80 euros. The hotel is on a canal, and has a restaurant canal-side.

Old Jun 6th, 2004, 06:21 PM

Usually if someone asked for the top 3 ot 5 hotels in Venice those I named would be VERY expensive. So - can you provide you criteria for what is the "best" hotel - so we can provide snesible answers.

What is your price range? Do you want private baths? AC? A quiet or central neighborhood?
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 06:37 PM

Try Hotel Galleria...they have a website and if you do a search here you will find they are very popular and moderately priced
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 04:19 AM
CK1

I just stayed at Hotel Paganelli last weekend and really enjoyed it - it was a perfect location (right by the San Zaccaria vaporetto stop,) and the people there were very friendly and helpful. I know that the hotel has been recommended before by Fodors and Fodorites as well, and overall people have had positive experiences. Enjoy your trip to Venice - it is definitely an interesting and unique experience!
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Though it's been 19 months since I asked this question, thought I'd post our experience here.

We stayed in the Hotel Sant'Elena Venezia. The whole experience was FABULOUS. All the bookings were done through email - they were VERY prompt and accurate in respondng to email - questions from rates, confirmation, routes etc. The staff speak english and there is no communication issues. They have free internet also.

The room we were in is something out of a story book - very comfortable but still gave the feel of living in 15th century Europe. Great views of the water from 3 sides! The breakfast was great and because of all the walking we did, didn't feel a bit guilt gorging on it. A great buffet plus they make you whatever you want.
And the best part is it was one of the most affordable places we stayed in while in Italy.

There is a nice pizza place as you come out of the hotel towards the water taxi - great Margarita pizza and beer plus they have a large screen tv for watching something special.

A park stands between the hotel and the water which makes it even more wonderful.

Great experience
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 10:33 AM

Absolutely love Locanda Orseolo. Great location. Small hotel with incredibly friendly, warm and helpful staff. Quiet, but close to St. Mark's.

Old Feb 5th, 2007, 10:58 AM

We liked Ca Rezzonica in Dosodouro. Great location, decent price.
http://www.invenicehotels.com/carezzonico/rooms.htm