Venice hotel under 250 Eur?

Mar 17th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Venice hotel under 250 Eur?

Hi all,

Sorry that this is yet another thread on Venice hotels! I'm trying to be more specific with the price range so that you guys know how to help. Thank you so much for any suggestions Fodorites!

I'm trying to find a romantic hotel for a 4 night stay in Venice during my honeymoon in late August. It will be our first time here and we'd prefer to be near San Marco. An added bonus if it has an elevaor and is fairly easy to get to.

We're trying to find a place that is romantic with comfortable beds, a spacious room, a canal view, a decent breakfast, and a nice bathtub or jacuzzi. Is this possible at less than 250 euros a night? We are willing to splurge a little more maybe up to 280 Eur since it is the first leg of our trip.

I guess I'm looking for that great find in our price range that doesn't sacrifice too much romance in the given budget. It is our honeymoon after all, but we just can't afford the highest end.

I'm currently checking into Locana Orseolo since I'm well aware of the raves. We also got Hotel Colombina recommended to us.

Any additional ideas for us or feedback on Colombina?
Mar 17th, 2006, 11:05 AM

Try a site like www.venere.com - I have used them. You can search by $$$ amount. Travelocity, Expedia, etc. all offer the same service.

Mar 17th, 2006, 11:13 AM

If you do a text search here for venice hotel AND balcony or venice hotel AND view or venice hotel AND honeymoon you'll find lots of previous posts on this subject. You may not find everything you're looking but you should be able to come close. Make sure to pick someplace with air conditioning!

There are several specific rooms (with numbers) mentioned in some of the older posts. You may be able to meet your price and most of your wish list in a suite or special balcony room in a less expensive hotel. Poster here Bailey raves about the Wildner. It's not fancy, but has some awesome views and an owner or manager who is evidently very welcoming.

I know the Rialto has a room with 3 balconies that's supposed to be wonderful. Don't know about price or other issues. I posted earlier for someone else about a specific room at the American hotel that one poster has raved about. I think it's 101.

The only hotel I can think of where all rooms have jacuzzis is the Ca' Pisani and it may be too pricey. It's not on water so it won't have a canal view.
Mar 17th, 2006, 02:36 PM

Also check PENSIONE LA CALCINA. I think it's about a 15 min walk from San Marco. The hotel has some larger rooms overlooking a shipping canal, and has generally gotten very favorable reviews. Should be well within your budget.
Mar 17th, 2006, 03:50 PM

This website is great for research - lots of pictures. Good for booking as well but try the hotel directly first. You might be able to get a deal in August as well -

http://www.veniceby.com/
Mar 17th, 2006, 03:54 PM

If you can get into Locando Orseolo then just go for it. You will not be dissappointed.
Mar 17th, 2006, 04:42 PM

To get everything you want - beautiful romantic luxury hotel, large room, balcony overlooking canal, great location, jacuzzi etc you will need to at least double your budget.

However, you can get plenty of pleasant romantic hotels in Venice for that price. Agree you need to do some searches and decide which amenities you're willing to give on.
Mar 17th, 2006, 06:10 PM

Hi

Your best bet is an apartment. For eg. this one is spacious, has Grande Canale views, bathtub, A/C etc all for less than €200 per night - http://www.viewsonvenice.com/ca_mocenigo.html. Me thinks far better value than a hotel!

Ciao
Mar 18th, 2006, 03:30 PM

It will probably be impossible to get everything for the given price IN A HOTEL - but it will be possible if you're renting an apartment instead. Of course, in apartment, normally, you get no breakfast. But frankly, it's impossible for me to understand how anyone could care about getting breakfast at his accomodation in Italy. Breakfast in Italy means going to the next bar and take it there - most Italians would do so. The coffee is about 1.070.468 times better than in each and every hotel, the atmosphere is incomparably better than even in the world's best hotel breakfast room, and it's much, much cheaper than a hotel breakfast (of course, cause remember: it's made for the locals, not only for tourists). But if you still want to take breakfast "at home", you might even find an apartment owner who is willing to serve breakfast - I don't know, as I've never tried it.
I've written that often about my favourite Venice apartment rental that I find it embarassing to repeat it once more, but to spare you the effort of browsing older Venice threads, I do it nevertheless: www.rosadivenezia.com