venice hotel choice

Search

venice hotel choice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2006, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
venice hotel choice

Hi all, I am still planning my November trip--a mere 17 weeks away. I have some hotel recommendations from a travel agent. I have never used a travel agent before but this person comes highly recommended from a dear and well-traveled friend.

In Venice, she suggested the Ca' Amadi or the Villa Igea. They both look good based on what I have read here and on Trip Advisor so I feel good about that.

I wondered what all yall thought, if anyone has been to either hotel recently, or had a unique perspective.

I will be traveling with my sister, neither of us has been to Italy. Venice is our first stop on a Venice--Florence--Rome intinerary.

I always look forward to all of your comments.

Thank you.
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

Anyone have any recent experience with these hotels? Any gems nearby that you recommend? Thoughts, opinions, advice?

Thank you,

OO
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 06:51 PM

Hi olive_oil, never heard of them which doesn't mean much. Do you have websites for these hotels?
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

Yes, LoveItaly, these are the websites for each. The second one, The Villa Igea, is the less expensive annex of the main hotel which appears in the website, as I understand it.

www.caamadi.it

www.hotelsavoiajolanda.com
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 06:22 AM
travelaxe

hi
try looking at the following links if you would like to see more choice of where to stay:
http://destinia.com/hotels/hotels--i...urope/29128/en
hope this is of some use to you.

Old Jul 4th, 2006, 06:34 AM

Hi olive oil~

Due to the holiday weekend you may not get too many responses, but if they receive good reviews here and tripadvisor, you should be set.

Maybe try to top off your thread tomorrow when more posters are here.

We loved Venice, we were there six months ago, if you would like to see details on our journey, click here:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34758287

Have a lovely time! Tiff
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 06:42 AM

We haven't stayed at the Villa Igea but rather the Savoia & Jolanda so I can't speak to the rooms, but the location is convenient if you're looking for something near Piazza San Marco.

It's directly on the Campo San Zaccaria where there is a lovely church but it still might be behind scaffolding as renovation was going on recently. There is also a police station on the corner.

Vaporetto stop of San Zaccaria is very convenient as it's right in front of the Savoia y Jolanda. Alilaguna from the airport also stops here and water taxis as well.

The Riva degli Schiavoni is great for a stroll in the early morning and should not be too crowded during the day in November.
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 07:33 AM

Olive Oil.....I have been to Venice in November for the last three years....it's a wonderful time for a visit!!
I have stayed on the Riva Degli Schiavoni at the Pensione Wildner.
A comfortable pensione with a terrific staff. The Wildner is just meters away from the Villa Igea...tucked away in a quiet campo.
My sister & I will be in Venice from Nov1st -16th....maybe we can get together for a glass of wine??

[email protected]

if you have any questions?? Just e-mail.....have fun planning!!!
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 08:13 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If a agent you trust recommended and they get good reviews on a couple websites, I say go for it. I have not heard of either of them, but that doesn't mean a thing. My feeling is while the internet is a fantastic resource, sometimes it seems to lead to extra worries we would not have had with old-fashioned methods of travel planning.

Hopefully someone will chime in who has recently stayed at one of the hotels. But if not, well again, that doesn't necessarily prove anything. Hard to believe but not everyone reads Fodor's forum.
;-)
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Original Poster

Travelaxe, thanks for the link, it looks very useful.

Tiff, I posted on your thread--really enjoyed reading about your trip and I hope my trip is half as wonderful!

GatoBacci, thanks for the tip re:location. I am leaning toward that one--Villa Igea, location is key.

Bailey, what a nice invitation! Thanks, I'll let you know as soon as my plans are firm but as it stands now sis and I will be in Venice Nov 7 thru 10. You will be there the 1st thru the 16th? Sweet. I'm green with envy--in a nice way!

And thanks, Suze, I'm feeling pretty positive about the planning so far. Venice is shaping up, now I've got to start thinking about Florence and then Rome. And trying not to overplan....

oo