Search

Venice hotel/apartment/B&B help needed

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2009, 07:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venice hotel/apartment/B&B help needed

Hi,

Thanks to this forum I was able to find some good suggestions for a place to stay in Rome and I'm hoping I can get some help with finding a place to stay in Venice. I'll be there for 3 nights (May 12-15) and I would have loved to stay at Locanda Orseolo or Al Ponte Antico Hotel but they are both booked. Anyone suggest a place similar to these places that are around 200-250 Euros a night? The other places I've seen online are not quite as charming nor are the room as well appointed. I'm looking for something near the Rialto or even better, San Marco. I'm looking for hotels, apartments (2 bedroom), and B&Bs. Most apartments I've seen are a little too stark looking and seem so dark and gloomy.

Anyone stay at a place in Venice that you can recommend around my price range?
Old May 1st, 2009, 07:44 PM

How about a little alley near the Academia. The Palazzo Guardi has some rooms overlooking the San Travaso canal. If you look at their website, the rooms actually look like the pictures. They also have a nicely appointed apartment. The cost should be less than your budget.
Old May 1st, 2009, 07:53 PM

BTW, the outside of the Palazzo is not at all charming but the rooms overlooking the San Trovaso (I believe rooms 4 and 5 in the main building)have loads of charm and ambiance and are quite large.
Old May 1st, 2009, 10:12 PM

jc- we stayed at B&B Corte 1321, less than five minutes walk from the San Silvestro vaporetto and 10 mts walk from the Rialto. We loved it! It is owned by American mom/daughter and they do have a room or two with a real American bathtub. We actually booked a double room and there was a third bed in our room. Very spacious. We loved this place.

http://www.corte1321.com/en/sent_request.htm
Old May 2nd, 2009, 03:45 AM
ira

Hi JC,

You might wish to consider the Marconi. It's at the foot of the Rialto Bridge.
http://www.hotelmarconi.it/

Old May 2nd, 2009, 08:27 AM

So why do you want to stay in the most crowded places in Venice? It isn't that big a place. Almost anywhere is walkable, and you can always pick up a vaporetto or a traghetto.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 08:28 AM

Oh, but I wouldn't stay on Giudecca.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:19 AM

We booked the Ca'Pisani in Dorsoduro (by the Accademia) for almost exactly 250 euros per night (though it varies by day for some odd reason) for our time there starting May 25. We've always stayed in the San Marco area but are trying something different this time and I'm really looking forward to it. This is Venice's first Design hotel, so the rooms don't have the typical heavy damask or velvet draperies and lots of gold trim thing that is so typical. We booked through Booking.com which is a good site for Venice hotels. So is Veniceby.com. Both have lots of pictures.

Another hotel we've stayed at in the past is Violino d'Oro, just a little ways from the Piazza San Marco. It too is on Veniceby and I think their rates are similar. It's on a side canal by the gondolier station by San Moise and the Bauer hotel. Ca Pisani is not on a canal. Give them a look.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 01:51 PM

My sister and I stayed here and loved it.

http://www.knowital.com/veneto/venic...partment1.html
Old May 2nd, 2009, 02:22 PM

Locanda Sturion is not far from Ponte Rialto:

http://www.locandasturion.com/bookonline.htm

Buon Viaggio!
BC
Old May 2nd, 2009, 04:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help!

I'm looking them all now....

I came across an apartment through truly-venice.com called Tiziano. I can't find any reviews of the company or the apartment.

Anyone ever use them?