venice airport

Old Mar 8th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
venice airport

My daughter was all set to leave Venice in the afternoon with a nght's layover in Canada when she discovered a ticket that would get her home to the US in one day. Her stay ends in December. My question: This flight leaves Marco Polo airport at 8:55 a.m. Am I right in assuming that the vaparettos would be up and running early enough for her to go to Piazalle Roma and then to the airport? She could also probably use alilaguna from Zattere at 5:20? But my real question is whether a young girl can be out walking alone (in the December dark) at those early times. Does anyone know what to do? Thank you for any experience you have! Oh--by the way, she will be staying in a student place on Dorsodura. Thanks
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 10:28 AM

She could also go to Piazzale Roma (either walking or by vaporetto) and get the #5 ACTV bus to the airport for a Euro or two. If she already has a vaporetto pass, the ACTV buses are included. She'll be able to make it in plenty of time.
For the schedules, see:
http://www.actv.it/

Venice is probably about the safest place in the world to be out walking, in terms of violent crime, at any time of day.
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 10:29 AM

Alternatively, she could stay at an airport hotel, like the Titian Inn, the night before, if she felt more comfortable with that option.
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 02:07 PM

The vaporetti run all night, though on a reduced scheduled late at night.
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much. That Venice is safe is exactly what a mother wants to hear! Do you know what would be an approximate time to head out from Accademia for the vaporetto to the bus for an 8:55 flight out of Marcl Polo. I'm sure she can find out there, but I thought you might know. Thanks again!
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 02:46 PM

DH and I took a very early vap (5 ish) and taxi from Piazzelle Roma for early flight. I don't believe the entire trip took more than an hour and we were there before the airlines rep was. She'll be fine on bus as well. I THINK she can use her vap ticket on the bus-but have her ask.
Your daughter should be very safe. We were not the only folks on the vap at that time.