venice-90euro for a water taxi??!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can someone suggest the cheapest way to get from the airport to venice proper? please tell me i dont have to pay 90euro per person. any suggestions??
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 10:20 AM

A water taxi is just like a regular taxi - you hire the whole thing - the price is per taxi - not per person.

And while water taxi is certainly the most comfy and romantic (assuming your hotel has a private dock - or will send a bellman to the neaartest dock to get your luggage) way to enter the city - there are several other, less expensive ways to get into the city - dependng on how large your group is.

Do a search above (Venice to airport) for public boat and bus to train station to public boat options.
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 10:23 AM

Use the ACTV ferries that connect the airport to Venice island. Much cheaper
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 10:53 AM

You can also take a short bus ride from the airport to Piazzelle Roma, then catch a vaporetto down the Grand Canal from there.

It all depends on how much time you want to allot to get into the city, as well as how much you want to spend doing so.

Private water taxi is most exciting, romantic and most expensive. It takes about 30 minutes and will be around 90 euro (give or take).

ACTV is quite a trip, from what I understand (about 1.5 hours), but I've never done it myself. It's inexpensive at about 10 euro per person from what I've read.

Then, there is the bus route that I noted above. I believe it is a 20 or so minute trip and costs less than 10 euro per person. Probably not the most exciting way to enter the city, though.
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 04:31 PM

It would most likely cost 90 euro's for the boatride, regardless of number of passengers, if you had an early flight to catch. We hired a water taxi for a 6:30 am departure from Venice. Our taxi picked us up near the small calle pier from the apartment we'd rented at 4:30 or 5 (don't recall exactly). He charged a bit more due to the early hour.