Venere.com - any problems?

Jun 23rd, 2002, 07:55 AM
Pete

Venere.com - any problems?

I am trying to use venere.com to book a hotel in Rome - unfortunately even though the site lists hotels as being available it does not always turn out to be so (the hotel contacts you direct afterwards to confirm the reservation - in my case they have told me they don't actually have any rooms free).

Have others had success in booking hotels through this site?

Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:50 AM
Geoff

I've had several successful reservations through Venere. The issue isn't generally them, as they are just a middleman. The problems are generally the hotel itself that may not update their status. There are also different relationships some hotels have through them, some are fully on board with actual availability checks, etc. others just have contact info listings.

Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:20 PM
lbb

I love Venere.com. I booked my rooms for my family for my wedding in Florence and all of my honeymoon through them. Yes I was told that some hotels were not available but finally found what I needed. We even booked a hotel in Rome. We booked at the Hotel Stella. (It was only a 2 or three star but was very clean, came with breakfast and the location was convenient. Plus we figured that the only time in the hotel would be spent in bed. Wanting to stretch our budget as far as possible it worked out great.)

Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:44 PM
Rex

Nothing but good experience with venere.com for both reservations and cancellations (potentially more important that they get these right?)

I agree that some hotels are connected to their database of rooms "live" and some are not. The service can only be as good as the validity of the data provided by the hotel.

I think you can rely on what you get back from them, once you have your confirmation.

Best wishes,

Rex

Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:13 PM
Leslie

I used both venere.com and the Italian Tourist web guide (www.itwg.com) for hotel bookings and had no problems with either.

Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:54 PM
Marilyn

I tried to use Venere last summer but had ongoing problems. Despite repeated inquiries, I never received a confirmation directly from the hotel, and Venere says quite clearly that until you do, you don't really have a reservation. Ultimately I ended up dealing directly with the hotels via email and found that worked a lot better.

Jun 25th, 2002, 07:18 PM

topping