Vatican Confusion! Please Help!

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Melissa

Vatican Confusion! Please Help!

Hello all-<BR>I am heading off to Italy in just a few weeks. A few months ago, I sent a letter requesting Papal audience tickets for September 11th, 2002. I received a letter from the Vatican stating I could pick up my tickets for the mass at the Bronze Door on the day of the audience. I automatically assumed that the mass would be in St. Peter's Square.<BR><BR>However, as I have been trying to secure a guided tour for that same day, one of the companys stated that the Pope would not be in Vatican City but instead at his summer residence.<BR><BR>So, where can I go for reliable info regarding this? <BR>And if the audience is indeed in Castelgandolfo, how the heck do I get there?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for any advice-<BR>Melissa

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 05:45 AM
Steve James

Hello Melissa,<BR><BR>Can't help on the first part of your Q. Hopefully someone can.<BR><BR>If you do go to Castel Gandolfo, it's about 40 mins by train from Roma Termini. <BR>Trains are approx. hourly, - check times onBR>www.trenitalia.it<BR><BR>The town of Castel Gandolfo is about 10 minutes walk up the hill from the station. Turn right from the station, then left up the path (shortcut).<BR><BR>Steve

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Melissa

Thanks a lot Steve, I really appreciate it. <BR>And, to the top please!

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 01:45 PM
nicole

Melissa,<BR><BR>I saw him last Sept and it was held in St. Peter's square.<BR><BR>Check out this website, I remember emailing someone to reserve the tickets and confirming the location.<BR><BR>We picked them up the Wed morning at around 7:30-8:00am at the bronze door, it was pretty easy to find....you have to get there early for a good seat.<BR><BR>http://www.santasusanna.org/popeVatican/tickets.html<BR><BR>good luck!

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 02:54 AM
Alice Twain

The pope's stay in Castel Gandolfo should be over in late August.