Reload this Page >

SENIOR CITIZEN NEEDS A DRIVER IN LONDON

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Wendy

HELP!<BR><BR>My 77-year-old Mom is visiting London in September. She needs a driver for a few hours each afternoon and evening for about ten days. If anybody knows of a reliable, wonderful driver and/or company, I would most appreciate hearing about it. Thanks so much!

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 07:32 PM
carmen

Don't know what her budget is, and there are probably other options out there, but London taxi drivers are great. She might be able to arrange for the times she needs. Our driver from the train station was fabulous and said to call him if we wanted a tour. His name is Diamond.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 07:39 PM
janis

For daily getting around she should probably use cabs. Very easy to hail, very comfortable, and probably cheaper than engaging a driver every day. <BR><BR>Drivers are a viable option out in the country - but in London they are very up-market due to the extremely high expenses to keep a car in the city.<BR><BR>But if money is no object, her hotel concierege can get her a driver whenever needed.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Andy

Try www.london-transfers.com. Ray Skinner is the owner <BR><BR>He runs a private car service and picks people up at the airport--but he may be able to accomodate you--Certainly wouldn't hurt to email him---

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 02:57 AM
jim

Try Driver Guides Association<BR> [email protected]<BR><BR><...des.org.uk</a>