Reload this Page >

US State Dep't warnings

Search

US State Dep't warnings

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Jim

US State Dep't warnings

I would encourage everyone to read these. As it turns out, only two days before the Bali blast the State Dep't issued a strong warning about gathering in large crowds in Indonesia. The people of Australia are upset with their gov't for not making a bigger deal of this. <BR><BR>

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Diedre

Pardon my ignorance, but where does one find the warnings?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for your response.<BR><BR>Diedre

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 10:40 AM
x

actually you have to access state department.gov and read the alerts. These days, everyone id Dc is issuing alerts hourly - covering their butts in case something takes place. Lets face it, things are a bit edgy! But lets keep on travelling. Screw the terrorists!

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 10:43 AM
here

http://travel.state.gov/travel_warnings.html

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Wendy

I read recently an article in National Geographic Traveler that pretty much pointed out that the US puts warnings on countries even if it's just because they don't approve of them (Cuba). It listed a few trustworthy sites for information:<BR><BR>http://www.nationalgeographic.com/tr...07/danger.html