TWO PARIS ATTITUDE APARTMENTS

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello my Fodorite friends, this will be my second attempt at finding a Paris apartment in Arrondisements 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 16 (with elevator and A/C (requested by my husband). Please take a look at apartments below and let me know your thoughts (again) or recommend some? s'il vous plait?

http://www.parisattitude.com/rent-ap...aspx#situation
OR

http://www.parisattitude.com/rent-ap...x,rentals.aspx

ALSO, is there a great difference between a U.S. queen size bed and a "European" queen?
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 10:06 AM

The second link doesn't show a specific apartment, just a listing.
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Original Poster

Ooops, sorry DebitNM. I was hoping you would respond.

http://www.parisattitude.com/rent-ap...room,8705.aspx

I also found this other one:

http://www.parisattitude.com/rent-ap...room,3181.aspx
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 10:29 AM

8430 - I don't see any photo showing washer; the washer/dryer in the other 2 apts. are not separate units so keep in mind that these don't really dry clothes.

The elevator in 3181 only goes to 2nd floor,co there are at least 2 flights to walk up.

I don't see any of them indicating air conditioning.

I forget are you traveling with 4 adults ?
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 12:05 PM

I don't know why you mentioned the AC since you chose apts that didn't have it. Am I missing something?

I like both those in the area called Montorgueil even though I don't think either one of them really is on that street. The one on rue Etienne Marcel is the cloest. The first one has really small bedrooms, but I think both are attractive. They are both on some rather big streets in that area, rather than side streets, so could be noisy, I wouldn't want a bedroom overlooking that main street but otherwise maybe could tolerate. The second one is very attractive, I think.

The one in the Trocadero area is okay but the owners are cheaping out on the decor. If you are renting your apt out, can't you do a little something other than just a bed with a bedspread on it? (ie no headboard or any decor in the 2nd bedrm). But the living room is nice.

They don't really use the term queen bed in France, I don't think, they go by size. If the bed is 160 cm that is very close to US queen size, in fact a bit bigger. The problem is some owners get creative and call what is closer to a US double bed a queen sometimes, so you really need to just ask the bed size. The first apt lists the exact bed sizes. A double will be around 140 cm, a queen 160 cm, and king 180 cm (or two 90 cm singles). That is narrower than a US single bed as 90 cm is about 35 inches and a US single bed is 39 inches.

The first apt shows a double bed that is 140 cm and one that is 160 cm (which is queen sized).
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 03:15 PM

I like the Montorgueil area, I would prefer staying around there over Trocadero. I especially like the food shops and the market street... Are you set with booking with Paris Attitude? I rented twice from Paris Address and had great success (beautiful 1 bedroom apartment on rue Rambuteau and one on rue Cherche-Midi). I find their website easier to navigate and not as overwhelming.
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 04:33 PM

I just need to mention that some european washers do actually contain dryers as in a dryer we Americans are used to. We do not have them here. We had one in a London apt.

We did encounter a language problem by some people saying the washer was a dryer because the clothes were not ringing wet but Americans need to clarify that you pull the clothes out of the dryer and put them on your back and out the door you go!
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all very much. Ruby99 I will take your advice and check out Paris Address as I agree that the Paris Attitude website is not very user friendly.
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 09:33 AM

Yes, a european queen would be a almost like a double in the US (european double is some strange size I've never seen elsewhere). For a queen in europe you need to ask for a king size.
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 09:34 AM

I think the first one may have the washer and dryer behind those brown cabinet doors, you just can't see an obvious appliance. It says they have one, anyway.

I don't know where jan47ete lives, but they do have washer/dryer combos in the US that are the same machine, most people just don't buy one, but they exist and are easy to buy at regular stores, list BestBuy, Walmart, etc. LG makes one and so does Haier.
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 10:01 AM

(I find that the combo washer/dryers I have used in France don't really dry well at all.)
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 10:34 AM

i don't agree with nytraveler...I've slept on european queen beds and they're nothing like an American double, which is really only a little bigger than a twin size. I've also slept on a European double, and that is more like an American double or full size. A European queen is 160cm, which translates into almost 63 inches wide, which is actually a bit wider than an American queen size. A king size in Europe is usually listed as 180 cm.