Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Two days in Athens should be go to Delphi?

Jan 19th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Original Poster

We ahve two days in Athens before we do 8 days on the islands. Is there more than enough to do in Athens or should we go to Delphi? Would love some help on this. Suggestions for what you have done in Athens that we shoul. Thank you very much.
Jan 19th, 2010, 09:55 PM

Delphi is quite some way from Athens so I would think that you would need at least two days to visit there. I think you should choose between Athens and Delphi, not both.

In Athens there is heaps to do for two days: the Acropolis, Lycabettus, the museums (several), shopping, exploring the Plaka and Monastiraki, open air dining, and more. Visiting the temple at Sounion is also possible.
Jan 19th, 2010, 09:59 PM

No, not delphi -- 3.5 hours travel each way, 7 hours total. Athens has enough to fill 4-5 days, let alone 2! Rather than repeat ourselves, why not use the "Search" slot and put in Athens Sightseeing or "2 days in Athens." Or -- go to Trip Advisor Greece Forum and put in "2 days in Athens" in the Search slot on that travel board. I guarantee you, you will find at LEAST 100 threads with complete details of all the key sights.
Jan 19th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much for the advice I will look into it now. I love this site as the advice is great. We thought what you both said was right but it is nice to have it reinforced. Thank yoy
Jan 20th, 2010, 10:35 AM

We were in Athens for 3 days and took a one day tour to Delphi; it was interesting and beautiful but with only two days, I think I would just stay put in Athens. Seems like Athens sometimes get a bad rap, but we really liked it and found lots to see and do.