Reload this Page >

Tuscany terme hotels

Search

Tuscany terme hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 2002, 05:11 PM
roadie

Tuscany terme hotels

Can anyone recommend memorable hotels with on-site mineral hot springs (terme) in Tuscany (hopefully with good restaurants nearby)? Thanks.

Old Dec 19th, 2002, 05:21 PM
evitale

There is a hotel at Bagno Vignoni which you might look into.

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Alice Twain

Check out this page with generla infformations about the thermal centers in Tuscany. It is not a commercial page, it has been perpared by the local government.<BR><BR>http://www.turismo.toscana.it/terme/en_index.html

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Robert

Hello, My honeymoon was in 93.we did the Venice Marathon on a sunday and were going to florence on Monday.Monday afternoon we took the train to Monticatini Therme about 45 minutes away. As we arrived there was a taxi at the curb,we were laughing as it was a mercedes and Pavorotti was blaring out the window.The spa is located above natural underground caves which are hotter as you descend.The lowest is of course &quot;the inferno&quot; maybe slightly hotter than body temperature.At that point you have already taken a shower and been issued a bathrobe,so everyone sits around quietly in the inferno and bakes.<BR>there is also a hot pool,after that the men and women seperate and get a hydromassage where you stand there naked and get very warm water shot out of a high pressure hose it feels great!<BR>next a massage.Did not stay in the hotel but it looked nice,spa is world famous I am sure it is on the internet.

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 06:09 AM
Alice Twain

Although also Monetacatili sports some, the best thermal cave in Tuscany is Grotta Giusti, in the neighboring village of Monsummano terme. Monsummano is a quieter village than Montecatini, which still retains some of its original charm and real village life. Beside Grotta Giusti it also hosts one of the greatest chocolate makers of the world, Slitti.<BR>http://www.gordonmackie.com/grotta_giusti.htm

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 11:28 AM
Pam

While searching before our trip to Italy..I typed in montacatini terme and got the website for the town which lists the various baths. I can't recommend one over the other as we did not go but chose to check out the terme in Montepulciano..which was its own story and not recommended. Think Lourdes meets La Dolce Vita.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:57 AM
henly

http://www.hotelpostamarcucci.com/<BR><BR>I loved this place and the town itself. The pool is all water that comes throught the springs. It is marvelous. The town is adorable and we fell in love with La Parata, our favoritr restaurant in all of Italy.<BR><BR>Great location also, 10 minute drives to Montalcino and Pienza, 40 minutes to Siena, 1.5 hours to Florence!!!