Reload this Page >

Tuscany - Albergo Il Giglio OR Palzzina Cesira

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 06:28 PM
BTD

Hi <BR>I need help picking.<BR>After agonizing for weeks, i've finally decided on Montalcino....now I need help to stop my agonizing over which accomodation to pick.<BR><BR>I have never been so have no idea whereabouts either is located --- so hoping for feedback (aside from the fact that it's in Montalcino). <BR><BR>Thanks very much in Advance.<BR>

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 06:38 PM
btd

woops<BR>okay - so here i go again, there's one more place I'd like your opinions on.<BR><BR>Agriturismo Pieve Sprenna - which looks about halfway between Sienna and Montalcino.<BR><BR>Thanks everyone

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 06:59 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Do the Il Giglio--in the heart of town and the real thing. You must read the new book " Vanilla Beans & Brodo" before you go.I have just finished it--all about life in Montalcino--terrific.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 07:55 AM
btd

hi bob<BR>thanks for the vote.<BR><BR>question - from the websites, it looks to me that the IL Giglio is more in the "country" whereas the Cesari looks like it's in the "town"<BR>based on the views from the windows that is.<BR><BR>Can I ask what you mean when you say it's "the real thing"??<BR><BR>thanks.<BR>i'll go look for the book

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Deb

BTD, Il Giglio is right in the center of town and I highly recommend it. We drove in and the person at the front desk parked our car for us. The rooms are beautiful and very inexpensive. Loved Montalcino.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 10:52 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Heart--as in centro<BR>Real thing--as in authentic<BR>How else can I say it ?

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 04:45 PM
btd

thanks deb and Bob<BR><BR>I apologize for sounding like an idiot, but,...well, i guess i am one.<BR><BR>i probably should have bought the book "italy for dummies"!<BR><BR>