Reload this Page >

Il Falconiere or Certosa Di Magianno?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 10:21 AM
LINDA

First time in Tuscany for both of us. Which is a better hotel to stay at as far as food, accomodations and location? Has anyone stayed at either and has a preference?

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:14 PM
topper

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 05:21 PM
dena

Hi Linda. I see that no one has replied yet and I'm not sure if my input will help since I have not stayed at both hotels. My husband and I stayed at Il Falconiere about 2 years ago. It was beautiful. The rooms were in an old house built in 1600 and had a lot of charm and character, beautiful antique furniture, very nice attention to details as they are a Relais & Chateaux hotel. We did not have dinner in the restaurant, but we did have a delicious breakfast there. The location is near the town of Cortona, and you would need a car to get around the area. I thought the location very good for visiting Tuscany and Umbria. Since I have not stayed at the other hotel you mentioned, I cannot compare them, but I don't think you would be disappointed with Il Falconiere. If you have any ohter questions, please feel free to ask. Have a wonderful trip. BTW, when are you going?

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 02:46 AM
Mike

Just to confuse the issue - you might like to look at the recommendation for La Chiusa on www.gidleigh.com. I would guess that you aren't going to find many better informed critics. May be missing things like pools etc.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 04:40 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Linda, Cortona is not a good location to see the parts of Tuscany that I enjoy most--it is good for Umbria. The best place in that price range is my fav in Tuscany, Locanda della Amorosa. The other good choice in Chianti is the Castello Spaltenna. Good luck !