Notices

Tulips--another Megeve question!!

Old Feb 20th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tulips--another Megeve question!!

Hi Tulips, hope you're not vacationing in Megeve right now, but here's another question...do you know anything about Lodge Park (www.lodgepark.com)...especially its ferme de beauty? I'm curious to see if you or your friends in Megeve have tried their products. They look pretty tempting on their web site (the face creams thread happened to come up with I was doing some web surfing about Megeve). Also, the hotel itself looks very welcoming...any insights would be helpful (they're pretty close to town and they do take pets, moving them to the top of our list for a future Megeve trip). Thanks!
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 04:58 AM

BTilke; hope this is still useful to you. I was indeed in Megeve in February.
We have stayed at the Lodge Park a few times, and think it is fantastic. Beautiful rooms, all done up very well, but you can tell that from the website. The restaurant has great food; we ate there every evening, since we had half board, but were never bored with the food. Very friendly staff too.
They do not really have a spa; this is at their other hotel, the Ferme de Marie. They do some treatments at the Lodge Park, and there is a jacuzzi, you can arrange massages. But the main spa is at Ferme de Marie. We have never stayed there, because we like being in town, walking distance to the ski lifts. Ferme de Marie is outside of town.
We have also stayed at the Chalet St Georges; also right in the centre, much the same sort of interior decorating, very nice rooms. A little less expensive than Lodge Park. They also take pets (but I think all hotels in France do.) www.hotel-chaletstgeorges.com
Hope this helps!
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 02:02 AM

If you have any other questions, let me know!
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Original Poster

Hi Tulips,

Thanks! Sorry, I didn't see your initial post. I hope you had a great time in Megeve, with some fresh snow. The Lodge Park sounds like a good fit for us. I don't need the full spa treatment, but a facial would be nice and their products look great (at least on the web site; I might order some to try).
Still waiting to see if we have to move to the UK (which I don't really want to do, I'd rather stay in continental Europe, but...) later this spring. If so, that may put off our Megeve summer plans for a year or so; if we're still here, then it will be definite go.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 08:29 AM

I've never been there in summer. We had lots of snow in February, very cold too (-12).