Reload this Page >

Mountain Home Lodge, Leavenworth,WA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 01:08 PM
maw

Has anyone been here? Hubb and I going are going for a --no kids --romantic play in the snow weekend Val's Day--the place gets rave reviews in guidebooks, just looking for personal feedback.
Thanks!

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 07:41 AM
Kim

Yes. My husband and I stayed here several years ago. It was absolutely perfect! The food was wonderful (the cook commutes by snowmobile to the lodge every evening!), the rooms were cozy, and the common areas had incredible views. The sledding hill was too icy to enjoy the weekend we were there,(it was in the single digits all weekend) but it looks like it would have been great fun in better conditions. We enjoyed the cross country skiing and snowshoeing in the trails around the lodge---accompanied by the owners' friendly dog.
Have a great time!

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 04:26 PM
maw

Thanks so much Kim With this WEIRD winter hopefully we don't get RAIN while there!!

Old Mar 17th, 2003, 08:55 PM
maw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wanted to add a "rave" for this place--we're already booked for NEXT year's Valentine weekend. We loved the" being spoiled "winter stay--transportation provided, ALL ski equipment and snowshoes, sleds etc provided and all meals provided!! The meals were the highlight for us, we just are not gourmet cooks at all. Many rooms are a little too "cozy". BEST in the lodge is the Cascade Suite, next the Hideaway. There are also 2 fabulous separate cabins but I'd actually prefer those another season, it's nice on a freezing winter night to be in a lodge room where you can just walk down the hallway to dinner instead of having to pull on snowboots and parka to get to dinner from your cabin. Hubb and I really needed marriage time so it was great that it was an adult's only place and the hot tub is always open!
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 04:40 PM

Does this place have a website?
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 05:51 AM
Kim

Here's the website for Mountain Home Lodge. http://www.mthome.com/
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 01:05 PM
maw

Hey just wondering if anyone else has stayed here the past year and what they thought?
We are SO looking forward to next month and our 2nd getaway there!
Any other northwest (WA,ORE) winter getaway favorites in the snow that others have enjoyed besides Mountain Home(just the 2 of us) and Sun Mountain Lodge(that's our big winter family snowplay time)?
Would love to hear of any...
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 07:52 PM
maw

ttt (just for fun winter romance ideas)