Reload this Page >

Trying to get on line driving directions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Paul

HELP, I'm about to go mad here. <BR>I've been able to get most of our driving directions from a web site called mappy.com & have been pleased.<BR> BUT I can't seem to get directions from Airport CDG to Giverny. No matter what I put in for the airport , it won't recognize it?? How can I get this to work??<BR>I've tried other sites also, but can't seem to type in the correct thing for the airport.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 12:02 PM
Jennifer

Hi Paul,<BR><BR>Have you tried www.ismap.com? (there's no question mark in the URL)<BR><BR>I have tried your destinations, but it's a great spot for Paris.<BR><BR>Jennifer

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Paul

Jenefer,<BR><BR>I just tried what you said but the problem is that none of the sites allows for 'Charles de Gaulle Airport.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Gerry K

Paul,<BR><BR>Try "Roissy en France". (The home of CDG)<BR><BR>Gerry K

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Paul

Gerry:<BR><BR>Nope. I don't think that's it. The site tells me it's 104km to Giverny & it takes 1:45 m. I didn't think it was that far. Besides, on the map that they print, I don't recognize any town.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 01:55 PM
JOdy

try www.viamichelin.com

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 01:56 PM
JOdy

Sorry just put in Paris...then it will give you lots of choices ...one of which is CDG

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 02:01 PM
s

Hello Paul,<BR><BR>Just confirming JOdy's recommendation. I just entered "Paris CDG" at the viamichelin site -- it came out with "aeroport Roissy CDG." It shows the distance is 58 miles or 1.07 minutes to Giverny.<BR><BR>s

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Paul

Do I have to be a member to use viamichelin? Can't seem to get site to work for me. <BR>At this point I'm pulling out my hair, whatever there is!

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 10:43 PM
Mavis

Try the AA Route Planner. URL is: www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_main.<BR>jsp<BR>I just tried it using Charles de Gaulle Airport as point leaving from and Vernon (which is very close to Giverny - I couldn't get it to recognize G.) as destination - it gave me the route and said it would take 1hr13min. If you can't get it to work let me know and I can forward what I got.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 12:47 AM
JOdy

Paul..you don't have to be a member<BR><BR>Open www.viamichelin.com<BR>click driving directions<BR>fill in departure city..use paris<BR>fill in destination..giverny<BR><BR>go to country line..it is set at UK change to France...that's the part that is probably holding you up..did me the first few times i used it!<BR><BR>click Result<BR>It will show a list of Paris departure sites , click aeroport Roissy -Cdg<BR>Click results<BR><BR>I use it for all our trips and fnd it very accurate

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Paul

Jody & all:<BR><BR>I finally got it!! Thanks to all how stayed with this question.<BR>We'll make sure to post a trip report when we get back.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 09:03 PM
topper

to the top.