traveloctiy hotel reservation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have made a Barcelona hotel reservation thru Travelocity and gotten a good rate. I actually planned to book on the hotel site - its an H10 hotel - but my computer wouldn't make the connection - then I checked Travelocity and found the rate about 30 euros a nite cheaper! so of course I booked it. However in Europe I almost always book directly with the hotels (as many smaller properties are not on Travelocity, Orbitz etc)and then reconfirm my reservation before I leave the U.S. Should I just relax and assume there is no problem with the Travelocity reservation - obviously I'm a bit of a "nervous nellie" and want to be sure to have a room waiting for me when I arrive in Barcelona!
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 07:17 AM

Why don;t you just send an e-mail to the hotel requesting a confirmation?
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 08:26 AM

It's a smart move to call a hotel directly to confirm the reservation made through any website. I advise you to call or e-mail or fax the hotel - just to be sure! You don't have to discuss the rate with them, just ask them if they have reservation in your name and have them to confirm the dates.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 09:29 AM

I agree, why don't you just ask them? I am not a nervous Nellie and never reconfirm hotel reservations (and have never had a problem), however, I always reconfirm a reservation made through another booking site.

Since you always reconfirm anyway, why not just do that? As someone said, the rate isn't really the point of discussion, just ask if they have your reservation for that type of room for your dates.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Oh my - not sure why I never thought of that but sounds like a good idea to me. Thanks! SueC1
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 04:24 PM

I always confirm reservations, because I have had problems in the past. It doesn't cost anything by email, and not much by fax. Actually, with international phone rates these days, even a voice call doesn't cost much.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 04:39 PM

A typical hotel confirmation call to Europe costs me about 5 to 15 cents, using a calling card.